Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 23 of 23
12:34 PM on 04/15/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
I'd explain properly but since reading comprehension isn't your strong suit (nor is being civil or at least pretending to sound intelligent), I'll just use grade school logic for you in easy-to-digest sentences:

Kevin puts out great records. His fans want more great records. If new records are not as great as old records, his fans will be less pleased since the bar has been set so high. Excitement doesn't factor into this, except perhaps negatively (see: bar being set so high).

Blah blah blah, the Ignore button is great to block the worst users.
Lol what you're saying could literally be applied to any musician or artist or human being ever and is the easiest thing to comprehend. You're the guy that just spouts off things that are common-sense repeatedly that most people have the wherewithal to understand that it goes without saying.
12:36 PM on 04/15/13
ACA
Next Show: Balance&Composure 12/27
User Info.
So...is the argument you're making that fans want the best thing possible? Why is this limited to Kevin? Isn't that what people want from every artist?

In this particular case, I think it's a huge make/break point in Kevin's career with the GDB. This is for a number of reasons, includingh Bad Books getting more traction than he's ever had solo/GDB, the anniversary show, the huge focus on a "guy from this scene" raising $100,000 to record some records, one of which is with the frontman of one of the most popular "underground"-ish bands ever.

As you put it, people do always want the best from every artist they are a fan of. Sometimes, though, the expectations are low, so you can get away with mediocrity or just a "good" record. This isn't the case for KD.

Good luck to him. Can't wait to see how he plans to do tour on / distribute these records.
12:39 PM on 04/15/13
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
You're missing the point. You literally say things in every band you like's news thread that no one needs you to tell them and its utterly redundant.
07:00 PM on 04/15/13
pissand409
User Info.
Can't wait to hear it!
09:48 PM on 04/15/13
KingsCrossing
What are you waiting for?
User Info.
Dude is the best.
04:31 AM on 04/16/13
lifeishell
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ACA, you come off as a dick when you get annoyed at other people for their inquiries into your pointless commentary which you yourself state is such, "There is absolutely no reason to think otherwise" .

Basically, your'e saying ,

"I have no real point to say this but look I'm going to say it anyways."
05:32 PM on 04/16/13
ndebardlebon
User Info.
Couldn't be more excited for these records.
08:28 PM on 04/17/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
By doing two records, fans of either of kinds sounds will have to be happy. With doing kickstarters the point is to invest in something you feel confident in by pre-purchasing. I think the real debate amongst people will be which one is "better". Kind of takes a the conversation of it being good or not away if you ask me since you give people a choice.

The fact he's feeling so creative that he already wrote a song for LP9 implies he's motivated and inspired. Is the pressure on to perform...yes. But having financial backing in advance takes some of that away.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos