AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
MTV News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
MTV
Inside AP.net

Conditions Video for "Open Eyes" Up For...

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/15/13)
Conditions video for "Open Eyes" is up for the freshmen voting competition to be put into rotation on mtvU.

Submitted by B.Leibo

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
11:21 AM on 04/15/13
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
Voted for them. Loving the album!! Favorite CD of the year so far!
11:37 AM on 04/15/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Good luck to them!
12:14 PM on 04/15/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Really pains me to say it, but their new CD is my disappointment of 2013 so far. It's not bad music but it's such a regression from the heavily melodic and heartfelt songs they've released in the past. New material sounds like radio rock for the most part and Brandon's vocals aren't nearly as versatile.
12:16 PM on 04/15/13
Steveb
Make It Count
User Info.
Love the album! But in my opinion, 'Open Eyes' is one of the weakest songs on that album! Did vote though ; )
01:03 PM on 04/15/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Do it.
03:23 PM on 04/15/13
dmcaloon
www.facebook.com/The30thOfFebruary
User Info.
Love the album! But in my opinion, 'Open Eyes' is one of the weakest songs on that album! Did vote though ; )
This. I feel they definitely could've made a bigger impact by pushing a different song.
03:55 PM on 04/15/13
xName Takenx
User Info.
Really pains me to say it, but their new CD is my disappointment of 2013 so far. It's not bad music but it's such a regression from the heavily melodic and heartfelt songs they've released in the past. New material sounds like radio rock for the most part and Brandon's vocals aren't nearly as versatile.
That's too bad dude, I like the album way more than their last one.

They've got a few songs that make you go "wtf?" but for the most part the album as a whole seemed pretty well musically.
04:40 PM on 04/15/13
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
I like the new album. I do think the debut was better but who knows, maybe the new one is a grower.
05:30 PM on 04/15/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
That's too bad dude, I like the album way more than their last one.

They've got a few songs that make you go "wtf?" but for the most part the album as a whole seemed pretty well musically.

I'm glad you and others are enjoying it though - they really deserve any success they get. I'd say that IMO half the CD is very good and overall it has a nice smooth flow - good for summer evenings. However, guitar wise it's lacks the bite of much precious material and I just don't find Brandon's vocals nearly as engaging. Not to sound like a wuss but I was a but disappointed to hear him drop the f bomb too. Regardless, still good music but trails behind everything else they've done for me.
06:35 PM on 04/15/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Truth, but the last album wasn't as good as the eps anyway. Band has been regressing since their first release
06:37 PM on 04/15/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
I'm glad you and others are enjoying it though - they really deserve any success they get. I'd say that IMO half the CD is very good and overall it has a nice smooth flow - good for summer evenings. However, guitar wise it's lacks the bite of much precious material and I just don't find Brandon's vocals nearly as engaging. Not to sound like a wuss but I was a but disappointed to hear him drop the f bomb too. Regardless, still good music but trails behind everything else they've done for me.
I wonder how much songwriting input the one guitarist that left had. That could be the reason for the subpar songs
06:43 PM on 04/15/13
xName Takenx
User Info.
good call on the vocals, I definitely agree with that; they definitely lack a bit of emotion.
08:40 PM on 04/15/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Truth, but the last album wasn't as good as the eps anyway. Band has been regressing since their first release

Was a HUGE fan of the very first EP myself, probably my favorite from them still. I think FY was still a great CD and I listen to it a lot still but the production really hampered its impact at times. I'm thinking that guitarist had a decent amount of input for their older stuff has more of a post hardcore bite while the new CD is more slowed down rock with tinges of post hardcore if that makes any sense.
08:44 PM on 04/15/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
good call on the vocals, I definitely agree with that; they definitely lack a bit of emotion.
"The Descent of man" is a great song that kind of harkens back to their older style vocally, wish he hit that register/tone more often in the CD.

Also, since the band is getting more attention these days, some of you may find it interesting to hear Brandon's old band, Scarlet. It's a big change from Conditions as he mostly screamed. I was and still am a big fan of them and they never got quite the push they deserved;

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests