Username
Password

11:37 AM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
That was my first time listening to Chunk. Sounds like if Emmure went pop punk. Pretty good though. Is that name supposed to be a Goonies reference?
11:46 AM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
That was my first time listening to Chunk. Sounds like if Emmure went pop punk. Pretty good though. Is that name supposed to be a Goonies reference?

Yeah it is, they're a pretty good band. Their music is simple but bright and fun. Should be a good summer disc
02:09 PM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
If you were a fan of Woe, Is Me's Numbers or Oceana's The Tide check out The Emissary's new EP. It's somewhat generic but I enjoy it and I think fans of both those excellent CDs will too.

This song is more Oceana-esque:

02:28 PM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
Most of us loved Number[s]. It was a slickly done and cool hybrid of posthardcore/metalcore with neat electronic touches. It will always be on my top 100. However, most people on this site lost interest after basically the whole band left aside from the drummer and rhythm guitarist. Genesis was simply horrendous. I don't say this to be mean, because honestly I am AP's resident metalcore lover and am typically very lenient towards being generic as long as it's catchy or endearing in some way. Like there was NO solo guitar in any way shape or form and Hance was extremely underused. Also, consider that all the neat special effects came from Cameron Mizell (the producer) and it makes what the band actually put out even less impressive.
Nailed it.
02:30 PM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
So what do you guys think of The Plot In Me? I like them at times and then again I don't.
People bashed them from the beginning, but I do enjoy them. I love what Landon does to simply terrify people.
04:53 AM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
BOWman1992
eddiebooyah
No Avatar Selected
Vineland, NJ
Male - 21 Years Old
Senses Fail new album is awesome
10:42 AM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
People bashed them from the beginning, but I do enjoy them. I love what Landon does to simply terrify people.
I agree they're not amazing but I think they are good.
10:43 AM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
I like them, I don't think they deserve the hate they get on AP sometimes. Their sophomore was an 8/10 for me, very untypical of the genre.

On a side note, what country are you from? Don't mean to be nosy but I'm always curious.
USA man aha
10:45 AM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
Most of us loved Number[s]. It was a slickly done and cool hybrid of posthardcore/metalcore with neat electronic touches. It will always be on my top 100. However, most people on this site lost interest after basically the whole band left aside from the drummer and rhythm guitarist. Genesis was simply horrendous. I don't say this to be mean, because honestly I am AP's resident metalcore lover and am typically very lenient towards being generic as long as it's catchy or endearing in some way. Like there was NO solo guitar in any way shape or form and Hance was extremely underused. Also, consider that all the neat special effects came from Cameron Mizell (the producer) and it makes what the band actually put out even less impressive.
I completely agree with what you said about Number[s] but I liked Genesis as well. I liked the aggression and anger they put out. Although I agree how there was no solo guitar I still think its way better than what people say about it.
11:33 AM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
Senses Fail new album is awesome
Is it!? Gotta give it a listen then.
11:36 AM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
Every Time I Ty
Daaaaaaaarryl
Ontario
Male - 22 Years Old
Is it!? Gotta give it a listen then.
backpedal to page 7, some prime songs posted.
12:00 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
backpedal to page 7, some prime songs posted.
Alright thanks man
03:01 PM on 04/27/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I completely agree with what you said about Number[s] but I liked Genesis as well. I liked the aggression and anger they put out. Although I agree how there was no solo guitar I still think its way better than what people say about it.

I just think that as an angry metalcore album there are simply too many better choices; Structures and even Emmure do it far far better with more real world motivation behind their lyrics and with much better instrumentation to boot. Especially with Structures. Next time you listen to Genesis, really pay attention to the guitar. You'll hear that nearly every heavy section is slow open note chugging with 1 fret power chords thrown in. Not trying to shit on it and make you feel bad, just conversing!
05:34 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
I just think that as an angry metalcore album there are simply too many better choices; Structures and even Emmure do it far far better with more real world motivation behind their lyrics and with much better instrumentation to boot. Especially with Structures. Next time you listen to Genesis, really pay attention to the guitar. You'll hear that nearly every heavy section is slow open note chugging with 1 fret power chords thrown in. Not trying to shit on it and make you feel bad, just conversing!
Oh yeah dude of course. Yeah I will listen to the guitar. I'm happy that you're giving me advice on things to listen for.
08:17 AM on 04/29/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Aren't Kids Anymore…
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
What are your guys opinion on Drop Dead, Gorgeous?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos