RIYL: My Chemical Romance-esque metalcore
Album mastered and mixed by Joey Sturgis
12:07 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I meant to pick up the While She Sleeps album at the show. It was only $5, but I left in a hurry to beat traffic and forgot to grab it... I'll have to check it out. I'm surprised you aren't really digging BDM anymore. I never really got into them heavily, but I enjoyed Ritual quite a bit. Oh well, at least you like ABR and STYG

Yeah, his vocal tone (BDM) isn't really my thing anymore. I love heavy bands from all over the spectrum but a lot of the more straight up deathmetal/metalcore bands I used to be really into (Suicide Silence, BDM, Job For A Cowboy) are losing their appeal for me. I seem to be digging bands these days that have some sort of incorporation of melody be it vocally or guitarwork. IE; some very heavy bands I love these days are Vildhjarta and Fallujah.
12:08 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, his vocal tone (BDM) isn't really my thing anymore. I love heavy bands from all over the spectrum but a lot of the more straight up deathmetal/metalcore bands I used to be really into (Suicide Silence, BDM, Job For A Cowboy) are losing their appeal for me. I seem to be digging bands these days that have some sort of incorporation of melody be it vocally or guitarwork. IE; some very heavy bands I love these days are Vildhjarta and Fallujah.

Right on. I completely understand. My preferences have changed quite a bit over the years too, but I like all sorts of stuff
01:39 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old
New While She Sleeps song "Death Toll"

RIYL: Bury Tomorrow, Confession

Their new song sounds totally cool.
01:42 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old
Talented Aussie outfit. I discovered this band a while ago, their full lenght it's very good. RIYL: Stick To Your Guns, melodic hardcore.

01:45 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old
Found out about these guys a few weeks ago and fell in love with their entire discography. The band's called The Cold Harbour. They're from UK and they play heartfelt, emotional hardcore that will please fans of Being As An Ocean and Touché Amoré.

01:51 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old
I know it's not a recommendation thread, but I have to share this wonderful band with all of you. They're from Italy and they play raw, furious hardcore music, heavily influenced by the likes of Dead Swans, Trash Talk and Gold Kids. They are The Hardest Season and they're one the best HC bands my country has seen in the past decade.

01:52 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Talented Aussie outfit. I discovered this band a while ago, their full lenght it's very good. RIYL: Stick To Your Guns, melodic hardcore.

Thanks for sharing, I've been meaning to get this CD but AUS CD prices are ridiculous! Joey Sturgis actually mastered the album too for those interested.

I will also check out your recs when I can too! From Italy (my great-grandmother's homeland too actually) I still really enjoy Hopes Die Last even though people consider them to be generic.
02:04 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old
Thanks for sharing, I've been meaning to get this CD but AUS CD prices are ridiculous! Joey Sturgis actually mastered the album too for those interested.

I will also check out your recs when I can too! From Italy (my great-grandmother's homeland too actually) I still really enjoy Hopes Die Last even though people consider them to be generic.

Yeah, I actually remember that we chatted here on AP.net in a certain thread and you told me that your great-grandmother was from a small town called Montaguto.

As for the recs, don't forget to check out Soldiers Of A Wrong War, another great Italian band. If you're a fan of Saosin self titled-era or Conditions, you're surely gonna love their full lenght. Regarding Hopes Die Last, off course, they're not reinventing the wheel, but neither they're this generic. Personally, I've loved the Your Face Down Now EP and their debut record Six Years Home, which they both sounded very Underoath-esque, but I wasn't a huge fan of their sophomore album except for a couple of songs that were at least enjoyable.
02:14 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Yeah, I actually remember that we chatted here on AP.net in a certain thread and you told me that your great-grandmother was from a small town called Montaguto.

As for the recs, don't forget to check out Soldiers Of A Wrong War, another great Italian band. If you're a fan of Saosin self titled-era or Conditions, you're surely gonna love their full lenght. Regarding Hopes Die Last, off course, they're not reinventing the wheel, but neither they're this generic. Personally, I've loved the Your Face Down Now EP and their debut record Six Years Home, which they both sounded very Underoath-esque, but I wasn't a huge fan of their sophomore album except for a couple of songs that were at least enjoyable.

I'm pleased you remembered! I remembered this too but I didn't know if you would.

I have SOFWW written down on a piece of paper to check out this weekend. I love bands of that ilk and jump at the chance to discover new ones. I agree about HDL too. First LP was very memorable for me but the 2nd was hit or miss. "Behind These Hazel Eyes" was very good. The production bothered me though, some tracks were clearer than others.
02:24 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
Staff Member
subbin
02:28 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
New Palisades song "Outcasts" from upcoming CD of the same name.

04:06 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
5 years ago this was like, every thread. Funny how it's kind of come full circle.
08:59 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
5 years ago this was like, every thread. Funny how it's kind of come full circle.

I know. I just thought this would be a good idea to have an area - that's updated continuously - at AP.net that features a closer look at bands within the genres I outlined. I feel like I'm always submitting things I feel like would at least get 25-40 replies but they never get accepted (i.e.: I submitted both the Dayshell and Palisades stuff here and they've yet to be posted). That being said, I'll do this happily but if I feel like no one cares (which probably is true) I'll pull the plug :/
11:34 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
johnnyferris
5 LARGE PIZZAS
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
No idea Shayley joined another band;the clip sounded really good. Hopefully there's a lack of screaming in the songs. Really cool that you made a thread like this man.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos