Username
Password

10:38 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
KingOfSpain
Goon Squad for Life
Chicago, IL
Male - 22 Years Old
State Street rules. They've got a couple good record stores there, as well as an art museum and a bunch of killer restaurants and coffeeshops.

The capital square has a huge farmer's market every Saturday during the summer, if that's your thing. Lots of local vendors and street performers show up there. It's always a good time.

As far as the music scene, there's only a couple venues. Apart from the Alliant Energy Center, which hosts some smaller arean shows on occasion, Majestic is the biggest club. The Loft is a tiny youth center that hosts some pretty cool shows sometimes (I saw ETID there in December). The only downside is that it's a dry venue. High Noon Saloon usually gets some good artists, but I've never been there. The Barrymore and The Orpheum are alright too.

And like the guy above me said, Milwaukee attracts a lot of artists, and it's a quick drive. Definitely hit up Summerfest — eleven days, about 8 stages plus an amphitheater, some killer headliners (MGMT, YYY, Imagine Dragons, Fun. and John Mayer in the amphitheater) all for about $15 admission (even less if you show up before 3:00).

I don't know a ton about the workforce. There's a pretty decent focus on supporting the local economy and crud like that. Trek Bikes are headquartered there.

Madison's easily one of my favorite cities. I go to school just outside of Chicago and live an hour from Madison in the summer, and if an opportunity presented itself to me, I'd relocate in a heartbeat. Best of luck!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos