AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:40 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
quiksilver21k
Thousand Oaks,...
Male - 29 Years Old
I recently put together a blog that is basically my personal guide to all the nerdy insights and forgotten lore of indie rock from the 2000s. I tried to keep out personal opinions in order to keep the article as factual as possible.

It's a compiled list discussing everything from the Taking Back Sunday/Brand New/Straylight run drama to small forgotten details like how the first Steel Train full length album was written about Scarlett Johansson. I figured people on here would be interested.

Here's the link:

http://kennybloggins.net/2013/04/12/...-in-the-2000s/
06:12 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
IS THIS THE RETURN OF QUICKSILVER!?!?!?!
06:13 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
NJ
Male - 16 Years Old
Staff Member
I believe you got the details of the TBS/BN/SR thing wrong.
07:43 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
All of these worth knowing are already very much widely-known, not "secrets" in any sense of the word.
07:49 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
CheckeredFloors
nah
Male - 21 Years Old

This guy got run off the site for doing/saying something dumb yeah? What was it?
07:58 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
Radiohead is such a secret lol man this list is full of well know (mostly) shitty records
07:59 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
cshadows2887
Boston, MA
Male - 27 Years Old
Verified
This guy got run off the site for doing/saying something dumb yeah? What was it?

I don't think it's the same guy. He was way too interested in being a compendium of every critical consensus ever. He'd be embarrassed to have written this blog.

Got my hopes up...
07:59 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 21 Years Old
quiksilv and his objective lists that were eerily similar to every P4K list
08:03 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Staff Member
Also let's not even get into "indie rock" good god
08:05 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
Guess, CA
Male
I hate the term alt-rockers. What the fuck does it mean? Alternative to what?
09:00 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
United States
Male
I hate the term alt-rockers. What the fuck does it mean? Alternative to what?

Mainstream. Which also doesn't mean anything.
11:12 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
quiksilver21k
Thousand Oaks,...
Male - 29 Years Old
First of all, I appreciate everyone reading this post and also honestly appreciate the feedback. With that being said, man you guys can be brutal! I'll do my best to touch on each comment and clear the air:

No, I am not THAT Quicksilver. I have never done anything disrespectful on this site and have been a member for a LONG time.

I believe you got the details of the TBS/BN/SR thing wrong.

I did my best based on what I could remember and what I could find online. If you have the story down differently from credible sources, please feel free to educate me ( I don't mean that in a snarky way at all).

All of these worth knowing are already very much widely-known, not "secrets" in any sense of the word.

I was just trying to compile a solid list of lesser-known facts about the music that many people from our "scene" enjoy. I HIGHLY doubt that common readers on this site know every single one of those facts. You are a staff member of a music site - of course you have a better knowledge base of this stuff. If you have some better points - I would love to hear them.

Radiohead is such a secret lol man this list is full of well know (mostly) shitty records

There are plenty of people who are big Radiohead fans that don't know about that. P.S. the fact that you knew they were shitty makes you a listener :)

quiksilv and his objective lists that were eerily similar to every P4K list

I have not seen any other lists like this before - meaning one location where all of these facts were put together cohesively with images and video. If you have a better list, it would be great to see.

Also let's not even get into "indie rock" good god

I struggled with the title of this article. I definitely see what you are saying - the problem was, how do you express this "type" of music without saying indie? The term "scene" is terrible. If you have a better descriptor - hit me with it. I think the title is successful - you read it, other people read it, and they knew what type of music they were about to read about. That's really the point of a title anyway, in my opinion. Also, I placed a disclaimer at the bottom of the article that explains why I used the term indie (basically that EVERY artist mentioned on the list released an album on an independent label at one point - even the more mainstream acts like Oasis).

Again I appreciate all the responses (even the negative ones). For every negative comment, I have received 10 more positive ones. The list was meant to be a one-stop-shop resource for this information - geared more towards novice music fans who visit this site and others like it.
11:31 PM on 04/16/13 
User Info.
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
France
Male
Thought it'd be a thread about super underrated (perhaps unknown) indie rock albums/bands.
12:38 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
Raleigh, NC
Male - 26 Years Old
I DON'T KNOW ANYONE FROM THAT LIST THANKS FOR SPILLING THE SECRETS OF INDIE ROCK FOR ME
05:10 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
Man what happened to quicksilv and why arent there more posters like him

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News