AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Faded - 04.16.13

Interviewed by
Faded - 04.16.13The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Faded

www.facebook.com/fadedinnebraska

1. How did you get your band name?

One day, after a full day of band practice, we were all pretty "Faded". Matt mentioned this fact, and we decided to make that the band name.

2. How did this band get started?

The three of us had been jamming for about two years before we finally decided to make it a "band." Gozie and Josh were in a band together in high school, and Gozie met Matt in college at UNL. We just decided one day to take it further and start doing shows.

3. What bands are you influenced by?

This list could go on forever, but our biggest influences are probably Sublime, Slightly Stoopid, and Queens of the Stone Age.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

This is another tough one for us. We listen to such a wide variety of music, that we each have our favorites. Sublime is an obvious choice, as they were the one's that got us interested in the reggae/rock genre. We'd also love to tour with the Foo Fighters because they rock so hard and bring it every night. It'd be awesome to go on a tour with a bunch of hip-hop artists like Zion I or Cypress Hill.

5. Best food to eat on tour?

We haven't been on a tour yet, but we like to eat lighter food on show dates. So probably some sandwiches. We love food though, so it's easy to make us happy with that!

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We like to have a good time with everyone around us. We think this comes out in our music. You can dance and groove and generally have a good time with us. That's been the goal from day one - to create something that we would enjoy and dance to. We figure if we'll do that, others will too.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Jason Kidd. He's been one of Josh and Gozie's favorite basketball players for a long time.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

We would first thank all our fans. Without them, nothing is possible. The support from our families has been invaluable also. We'd also have to thank the people at Rolling Fork Records for helping us push in the right direction.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

The greediness - it seems like too much focus is on money and not the music itself, or the feeling music gives you.

10. Memorable tour experience?

We played a show at one of our favorite local bars in Omaha called the Hive. It was a show on the anniversary of 311's album "Music" All the bands that night played 311 covers mixed in with our originals. Everyone was dancing, drinking, and having a great time. That's exactly the type of shows we wanna play.

11. What is your favorite song to play?

"Surf Rock Zombies". We get to rock out on that one. It's a ton of fun to play.

12. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Even though we've never been there, we all want to go chill on the beach in Italy. If we're talking about some place we've actually been, we love Colorado. Between the mountains, shows at Red Rocks, and the atmosphere - we love it!

13. What music reminds you of your childhood?

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin - classic rock and oldies in general. We'd also have to put in favorites like Garth Brooks, Staind, and Method Man (Wu Tang).

14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

Josh - speak any language whenever I want. I like meeting people around the world, and this would allow me to have a conversation with anybody.

Gozie - Teleportation. I can go anywhere and get myself out of any pickle.

Matt - Never get a hangover - He's not feeling the greatest today.

15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

We always get Faded before we go on stage to loosen up a bit. We also like to have an afternoon jam session before a show.

16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

Gozie met Kirby Puckett once and is an avid reader. Matt's hometown's (Ashland) exit off of I-80 is 420.

17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

The radio is tough sometimes. At least here in Nebraska, we don't get a lot of stations that will play a wide variety of music. On top of that, there is only one station that dedicates an hour on Sunday nights to local music. We'd like to see a lot more of the variety and giving local musicians chances to be heard. Our music probably wouldn't be played on a radio station.

18. What do you like to do in your spare time?

We all are big into movies. So we watch a lot of movies. Gozie and Josh are also big sports fans, so there is always a game on a tv somewhere in the Faded House. Video games and board games also happen a lot. Outside of that, we go to a bunch of local shows. We probably hit two or three shows a week. We love seeing live music.

19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Josh can speak German.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums