Username
Password

11:52 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
England
Male - 25 Years Old
I really really don't want to get excited about this, because their last two albums were dire, at least in my opinion, but new AFI sounds good to me.
12:39 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
I am Mick
http://www.worncolors.bandcamp.c om
Pittsburgh
Male - 24 Years Old
Releasing trailers without any new music is just stupid.
12:52 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
why?
01:15 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
they used to make really good music videos. But they are like Underoath, they made a great album and then stuck to that sound and that sound got boring. I hate when bands do that.
I'm looking at you The Used. Change your shit, it stinks
01:17 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
SwiftSilentDead
Hi Homer, Find Your Soulmate
Always interested whenever this band puts out new material. Very excited for this.
02:01 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm right on track with this.

Thought Crash Love was trash, but hey... time off could have been a great thing for these guys
Crash Love was completely trash. But I'm very excited for new AFI and I have a feeling they will deliver.
02:12 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Crash Love was completely trash. But I'm very excited for new AFI and I have a feeling they will deliver.
i hope the time away benefitted them, and i actually hope that they feel the need to win fans back so they try real hard on this one
02:48 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
Band has been consistent throughout their career. Definitely going to check this out.

I agree, I have liked everything they have put out so far. I think they slowly evolved into the sound from crash love I wasnt surprised with the direction they took and I loved the bowie-esque sound it had, However I would LOVE a return to the STS/AOD sound.
03:43 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
liked whatever that was playing over the video - creepy and effective
04:29 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
MKMN
I feel punk
Canada
Male - 18 Years Old
I actually enjoyed Crash Love so I am pretty sure I will enjoy whatever they put out next.
04:30 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
Sandbox
Male - 26 Years Old
Crash Love was better than the shit before it. I'll never get another Black Sails/All Hallows so whatever.
05:17 PM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
if it is self titled, that could make sense. if they finally have "a fire inside" them again maybe they're going to rock the fuck out on this one.
06:23 AM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
a speedo model
an enthusiast
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
I agree, I have liked everything they have put out so far. I think they slowly evolved into the sound from crash love I wasnt surprised with the direction they took and I loved the bowie-esque sound it had, However I would LOVE a return to the STS/AOD sound.
Agreed. It did not surprise me at all and I enjoyed the direction. I've always enjoyed their growth, maybe not as much as previous efforts but I have enjoyed it nonetheless.
06:36 AM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
Agreed. It did not surprise me at all and I enjoyed the direction. I've always enjoyed their growth, maybe not as much as previous efforts but I have enjoyed it nonetheless.

I really liked how you could hear the bands influences on crash love, I knew that David Bowie and The cure were big influences on Davey, and with crash love you could really tell. I loved all the "OH!"'s in the album too! I am so excited for the new album. Esp. since the video ends with him screaming, there was NO screaming on crash love that was one thing the album was lacking.
06:38 AM on 04/18/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
if it is self titled, that could make sense. if they finally have "a fire inside" them again maybe they're going to rock the fuck out on this one.

IDK if it would be self titled though because they already have A Fire Inside EP.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets