Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
12:32 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
12:36 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
If they sell out shows, your entire argument is moot.

Their "reunion tour" is playing in 200 and 300 cap venues at most. It would be pathetic if they didn't sell out these venues. So, no, it's not moot, regardless
12:53 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
You can't say "no offense" while directly bashing said fans. Band and album were great.
I wasn't bashing at all. Read my comment again before jumping to conclusions. All I said was the album and band wasn't exactly significant in terms of musical influence to, in my opinion, warrant a ten year tour. And I think the choice of venues for this tour seems to support that theory
12:56 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
Bottom Lounge is 700 cap so...
In their hometown. The venues by me that I am familiar with are 200-300 caps
01:00 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
I mean everyone keeps saying their fans will show up, I guess that will e the judge of if this was worthwhile. I mean if the band wants to tour good for them. But I have a hard time believing they will sell all these dates out. Time will tell. Anyway I'm gonna stop posting in a threa where I'm clearly not wanted.
01:31 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. Personally, I just want to play a damn show again. E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.

If you're serious about the guestlist thing I'm in. Ill PM you. I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments, I've just been wary of all these 10 year and reunion tours because I feel like with te recent rash of them, not all the bands are in it for the right reasons. I'm glad to see that at least from this pos an the initial statement that you guys are. Good luck with these last shows.
02:35 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
I'm 100% serious. And you're getting a tee shirt. But it's going to be XXXL. And you have to wear it the whole time.
I'm a 4X but I think I can make that work.
07:01 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
User Info.
Can't the fact that they WANT to play be good enough?? And just because they weren't a major influence to you (or myself for that matter), doesent mean for one second that they didn't influence many people or they weren't significant to many people...just don't go to the show lol I don't think they asked you to...
Well actually to that last part they kinda did. Lol. Of course after the fact, but I thought your wording was funny
02:45 PM on 04/23/13
njdevils327
User Info.
great contribution
08:01 PM on 06/07/13
njdevils327
User Info.
Why again shouldn't they go on a 10 year anniversary tour for something they're really proud of? Because you're not a fan?

I'll make sure to clear my next tour with you also. I wouldn't want you to have to take time out of your day to write a snarky comment about it somewhere.

Yawn. Why don't you go beat some more dead horses?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS