Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
01:56 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I'm really excited for this, I can't wait to go to the Chicago show.
02:04 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
This statement reeks of ignorance, and is plain ol' wrong. If your basing your statement on the fact that Spitalfield weren't "extremely noteworthy" in your opinion, than you have a lot to learn about music. I honestly can't begin to inform you of how many bands broke up and weren't "extremely noteworthy" during their initial existence and had a significant impact on fans and musicians alike. Spitalfield might not mean something to you, but they do to others. Speaking personally, I'm from the suburbs of Chicago so there might be some bias, but Spitalfield are still considered a special band to a lot of people. Just because they weren't slingin platinum records, doesn't mean they weren't important.
02:07 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
there's no fucking criteria for what bands should do a ten year tour other than it being a 10 year anniversary for an album. their fans will show up, thats enough to warrant it. stop being so fucking dense.
Exactly, I hoped this guy would get torn to shreads for saying something so dense. I mean, say if Hopesfall were to a 10 year for "Satellite Years" or "A-Types", I'd go in a heartbeat, and they were never a hugely successful band in terms of album sales.
02:09 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
And I love how the band that "weren't extremely noteworthy" are the third most popular thread today.
02:10 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Boston Loves Spitalfield, Where's The Love Back?
I could see them doing a Finch type thing and adding more if the tour goes well.
02:41 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. I never sought out to try and have a pile of money to roll around in, or glean fame. I always wanted to make something special for me. If other people liked it enough to show up ten years after the fact, that's fantastic, and I'm really quite happy that I can give them something to look forward to and/or possibly enjoy. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. I just want to play a damn show again.

E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.
I posted a million times in this thread, but your reply did a pretty swank job. Can't wait to see you guys in Chicago. And I also wouldn't turn down the gust list! Ha
03:01 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I leave for Warped Tour on June 10th. And you better damn believe that I am driving 12 hours round trip from Dayton Ohio to see this in Chicago. This band was influential to tons of bands and fans. They are all good people, and are a treat to watch.
Mark Rose better grow his sideburns back out for this.
Dan better play a tele.
TJ better wear fingerless gloves.
And JD's hair better be curly as fuck.

In an era of bands breaking up, pre-programmed stage moves, and karaoke singing contests creating stars...let's celebrate a group of friends playing together again for the love of their songs and fans.

Can't wait boys.
JT
This.
03:14 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
That's really quite even of Jimmy Eat World to do something like that. But we're all very odd, so I don't see us doing that.
You guys could just play C.O.D again, Id go.
03:17 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I went to COD. I do not want to spend any more time there than I already have.
Hahahaha, said everyone who ever went there. College of dreams!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos