AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 174.
12:56 PM on 04/17/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I wasn't bashing at all. Read my comment again before jumping to conclusions. All I said was the album and band wasn't exactly significant in terms of musical influence to, in my opinion, warrant a ten year tour. And I think the choice of venues for this tour seems to support that theory
I read your comment, "this is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour" and " they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around" -- why are you the dictator of what "warrants" anything?

A band wants to tour. Um, they can do that without your permission. Holy fuck.
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Bottom Lounge is 700 cap so...
In their hometown. The venues by me that I am familiar with are 200-300 caps
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I'm really excited for this, I can't wait to go to the Chicago show.
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
History seems to conveniently ignore Faster Crashes Harder, which was nearly as good. They really hit their stride on the last two albums, though.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I wasn't bashing at all. Read my comment again before jumping to conclusions. All I said was the album and band wasn't exactly significant in terms of musical influence to, in my opinion, warrant a ten year tour. And I think the choice of venues for this tour seems to support that theory
there's no fucking criteria for what bands should do a ten year tour other than it being a 10 year anniversary for an album. their fans will show up, thats enough to warrant it. stop being so fucking dense.
12:57 PM on 04/17/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
I'd probably go if there were a Boston date, but NY is a four hour drive. Best of luck to them.
12:58 PM on 04/17/13
RobotOrel213
Born Howling, Still Swinging
User Info.
In their hometown. The venues by me that I am familiar with are 200-300 caps
The Magic Stick in Detroit is also around 600 cap.
01:00 PM on 04/17/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
I mean everyone keeps saying their fans will show up, I guess that will e the judge of if this was worthwhile. I mean if the band wants to tour good for them. But I have a hard time believing they will sell all these dates out. Time will tell. Anyway I'm gonna stop posting in a threa where I'm clearly not wanted.
01:00 PM on 04/17/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I love this album so fucking much. Great to see them doing this.
01:01 PM on 04/17/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
I mean everyone keeps saying their fans will show up, I guess that will e the judge of if this was worthwhile. I mean if the band wants to tour good for them. But I have a hard time believing they will sell all these dates out. Time will tell. Anyway I'm gonna stop posting in a threa where I'm clearly not wanted.
good.
01:03 PM on 04/17/13
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Spitalfield, Terminal, Matchbook Romance, Armor For Sleep, Starting Line, Relient K, they are pretty much on the same level imo. Even though some saw more Mainstream success.
01:04 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This is one band and one album that didn't really need to have a reunion and 10 year tour respectively. No offense to fans of the band, but they weren't exactly extremely noteworthy while they were around.
This statement reeks of ignorance, and is plain ol' wrong. If your basing your statement on the fact that Spitalfield weren't "extremely noteworthy" in your opinion, than you have a lot to learn about music. I honestly can't begin to inform you of how many bands broke up and weren't "extremely noteworthy" during their initial existence and had a significant impact on fans and musicians alike. Spitalfield might not mean something to you, but they do to others. Speaking personally, I'm from the suburbs of Chicago so there might be some bias, but Spitalfield are still considered a special band to a lot of people. Just because they weren't slingin platinum records, doesn't mean they weren't important.
CPF--FBR
@ConnorMEB | Mind Equals Blown
User Info.
HIPV, Spitalfield...come on, we need The Graduate back.
TorontoMatt
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'd probably go if there were a Boston date, but NY is a four hour drive. Best of luck to them.
when I lived in the city I would take a train between Boston and NYC. Cost about $20
01:06 PM on 04/17/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
HIPV, Spitalfield...come on, we need The Graduate back.
give it a few years. i hope they come back to.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests