The Snips Call It Quits

Posted by - 02:16 PM on 04/17/13
The Snips have decided to break up.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
03:06 PM on 04/17/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
Definitely thought this said The Shins at first. Now my question is more of a who? than a why?
03:18 PM on 04/17/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Definitely thought this said The Shins at first. Now my question is more of a who? than a why?

The Snips were a Canadian punk band who just released a new record last year. I don't think they've ever had much of a following in the US, but I could be wrong.
08:22 PM on 04/17/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
The Snips were a Canadian punk band who just released a new record last year. I don't think they've ever had much of a following in the US, but I could be wrong.
must not have had a following in the states......
08:53 PM on 04/17/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
must not have had a following in the states......

No, but in all honesty most of our best bands are underrated in your country, haha. Living With Lions, Billy Talent, Carpenter, The Flatliners, Brighter Brightest, Marianas Trench... I think The Snips have some good songs and would recommend checking them out:

08:56 PM on 04/17/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
No, but in all honesty most of our best bands are underrated in your country, haha. Living With Lions, Billy Talent, Carpenter, The Flatliners, Brighter Brightest, Marianas Trench... I think The Snips have some good songs and would recommend checking them out:

hmm...ill check out... I dig canadians and they tend to have awesome musicians. Yes even Billy Talent is not "big" here despite being a great band. same with Alexisonfire. They should have been bigger here

edit: awesome vid! I get a boys night out vibe. btw i miss that band :(
11:52 PM on 04/17/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Man, this band was such a big deal here. Ceremonial Snips, right? They've been around forever, I remember people with their merch back when I was 11.
02:49 AM on 04/18/13
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
Man, this band was such a big deal here. Ceremonial Snips, right? They've been around forever, I remember people with their merch back when I was 11.

Man I saw the snips play a show with the flatliners and keepin6 in caledon. I miss Ska/punk show days of 07-08.
08:30 AM on 04/18/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.

I'm their only American fan.

I was their only American fan.
09:02 AM on 04/18/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Oh my god what no no no

Edit: loved highs of low, never got to see them live and was actually hoping they'd come down here this year
10:02 AM on 04/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
hmm...ill check out... I dig canadians and they tend to have awesome musicians. Yes even Billy Talent is not "big" here despite being a great band. same with Alexisonfire. They should have been bigger here

Glad you like them! Better late than never in my opinion, obviously the music will still live on, haha.

And yeah, I miss Boys Night Out too.
01:21 PM on 04/18/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

Me too

and

very much this. Their ST was a whimper to go out on IMO.
03:09 AM on 04/19/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
I'm still bummed about this, but "the snips call it quits" does have a nice ring to it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos