AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Death News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Tony Sly "Story/Song" Comic Book Released via Paper +...

Posted by - 02:15 PM on 04/17/13
Paper + Plastick Records has released today a very special edition of Story/Song. The newest episode of the comic series, which made its debut recently featuring Flatfoot 56, highlights the music of the late Tony Sly. You can purchase it here and read the full press releases, along with a statement from Sly's family, in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
02:16 PM on 04/17/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Press ReleasePaper + Plastick Records has released today a very special edition of Story/Song. The newest episode of the comic series, which made its debut recently featuring Flatfoot 56, highlights the music of the late Tony Sly.

Story/Song is a project where comic book writers and artists listen to a song, then create a story around it. The story isn't a literal interpretation of the song, but something inspired by the lyrics. Story/Song Issue No. 1 was built around the classic No Use For A Name tune "Chasing Rainbows," which Tony Sly performed many times during his solo career as well.

Usually, Story/Song issues will be accompanied by an exclusive, special version of the song composed and recorded for this project. For this issue, The Swellers vocalist / guitarist Nick Diener recorded a beautiful acoustic cover of "Chasing Rainbows" to accompany the comic book. All physical and digital orders for the book come with the MP3.

Digital PDF copies of Story/Song Issue No. 1 are available now in the P+P webstore for free. The PDF of the book and MP3 of the "Chasing Rainbows" cover will be delivered immediately upon purchase. Physical copies are available for $5 and will ship in the second week of May.

The following is a message from Tony Sly's family:

In addition to being an inspirational poet and musician, Tony was a gentle soul, a kind and loving husband and father as well as best friend. While his daughters and I are pushing through this cruel journey to the best of our ability, it's cool things done in his memory, such as this comic release, that put a smile on our faces and for that we are very thankful. Tony not only loved his family and friends but also loved his band, the scene and his fans with all of his heart.

Thank you for keeping our love's spirit alive~
Brigitte, Fiona, & Keira Sly xo
02:26 PM on 04/17/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
I've always loved "for Fiona" but never knew it was about his daughter til now. that just put the awesome meter a step higher.
03:12 PM on 04/17/13
Christopher N
User Info.
Rad. Anybody who orders a physical copy of this should expect to have it show up September 2015.
06:44 PM on 04/17/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Rad. Anybody who orders a physical copy of this should expect to have it show up September 2015.
this joke is like two years old!
07:04 PM on 04/17/13
Fox83
User Info.
Still can't believe Tony is gone. So sad. Such a shame that there will never be another NUFAN record too.
08:53 PM on 04/17/13
Christopher N
User Info.
this joke is like two years old!
I know. I actually just ordered from P+P a few days ago and was very surprised with how quickly I got an e-mail saying my order had shipped. I just couldn't hold back my internet ignorance for a solid 3/10 LOL.
05:45 AM on 04/18/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Still can't believe Tony is gone. So sad. Such a shame that there will never be another NUFAN record too.
I feel the same way. NUFAN is one of my favorite bands. Tony Sly will be greatly missed. I remember the day the news broke he had died I think I listened to every one of their albums in silence. At least they left a legacy. Not a single bad album and I personally feel their last album summed up just how great the band really was.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos