Username
Password

06:29 AM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
xxemo_kittyxx
meow.
Brisbane, Australia
Female - 23 Years Old
Yep everything's going to be crazy expensive - but on the plus side, wages should be decent if you're looking to work while you study. Also, I don't know what public transport's like in Perth, but if it's anything at all like Sydney, you're going to need a car if you want to get anywhere.

edit: also - get used to people shortening the names of EVERYTHING and adding -'o' to the end of words!
Sydney public transport is so good compared to Brisbane. At least in the inner city.

Anyways, it's all true with the living costs, things get pretty crazy expensive here. There's a reasonable "scene" going around in most major cities, though be prepared for some douchey 18-year old crowds and older kids that need better things to do with their lives. Learn to recognise songs by Parkway Drive, The Amity Affliction and The Getaway Plan or else you will look obviously foreign.

Try not to get into the whole festival singlet look. It's not classy.

Wear sunscreen. Lots of it. There's a hole in the ozone layer and not only will that make you burn faster, it also heightens your risk for skin cancer.

Vegemite is gross. Tim Tams are yum.
01:19 AM on 04/25/13 
User Info.
xxemo_kittyxx
meow.
Brisbane, Australia
Female - 23 Years Old
Disregard everything she said; clearly not Australian.

Although there is a decent 'scene' in most cities. Be prepared to pay insane amounts for shows though. Any international bands will attract ticket prices of AT LEAST $40. Double that if the tour is being run by those money-grabbers from Soundwave Touring.

Haha I know I'm not Australian. That advice was coming from a fellow foreigner who has lived a decent amount of time in Australia and any one of us will definitely advise fellow newcomers to stay away from vegemite.
07:41 AM on 04/28/13 
User Info.
xxemo_kittyxx
meow.
Brisbane, Australia
Female - 23 Years Old
I KNEW IT! Remove that Brisbane from your profile at once!

Don't listen to her OP, Vegemite is fantastic! Vegemite on toast is how the vast majority of Australians start their day. Although Tim Tams are a little bit more easy on foreign taste buds, particularly given that they come in about 20 varieties these days which include white chocolate and pink.
Not gonna happen, I still live in Brisbane :P

Dark chocolate Tim Tams are the best. Although I am also liking the orange variety that they're making in minipacks nowdays.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos