AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Bridge 9 Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bridge Nine Signs Iron Chic

Posted by - 07:35 AM on 04/18/13
Bridge Nine Records has signed Iron Chic. They'll be releasing their recent Spooky Action EP on vinyl soon followed by their label debut later this year.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
07:35 AM on 04/18/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
If you haven't checked out that EP yet, you should: http://ironchic.bandcamp.com/album/spooky-action
07:52 AM on 04/18/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fuck yeah! This band rules.
08:12 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Fuck yeah! This band rules.
I know, they're so good. I recommended them last week and now they're on one of my favorite labels.
09:00 AM on 04/18/13
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
User Info.
Hell yes. Can't wait for their full lemgth
09:02 AM on 04/18/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
I fuckin' love this band! Glad to hear Spooky Action is seeing release in the US. For some reason, I'm finding this to be their weirdest signing yet. And that's not a bad thing.
09:05 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
I fuckin' love this band! Glad to hear Spooky Action is seeing release in the US. For some reason, I'm finding this to be their weirdest signing yet. And that's not a bad thing.
Really- not Lemuria? Anyway, it's clear that they're expanding their horizons and I'm excited to see who else they'll sign that isn't representative of the traditional B9 roster.
09:09 AM on 04/18/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Really- not Lemuria? Anyway, it's clear that they're expanding their horizons and I'm excited to see who else they'll sign that isn't representative of the traditional B9 roster.
Don't get me wrong. Bridge 9 has done releases with a few bands over the past few years who didn't fit the previous mold (I'd include Energy and Strike Anywhere in that realm too--significantly more melodic than past endeavours). Lemuria caught me off-guard but I also "got" it. They're kind of a weird band in terms of song structure and the like, tour constantly, etc. Iron Chic is a band that tours every now and again, releases material inconsistently, and is more "pop-punk" than any other act on the roster.

Again, I'm saying all of this from a point of "hrrm interesting" and a chin scratch. Not complaining or whatever. Haha. Just find it interesting how the label is diversifying. It's not like Rise where you see the shift, and there's a pattern to it. This seems to be more random. I'm a nerd. I overanalyze these things from a hyperthetical perspective all the time So yeah. I'm excited to see the next signing too, haha.
09:16 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Don't get me wrong. Bridge 9 has done releases with a few bands over the past few years who didn't fit the previous mold (I'd include Energy and Strike Anywhere in that realm too--significantly more melodic than past endeavours). Lemuria caught me off-guard but I also "got" it. They're kind of a weird band in terms of song structure and the like, tour constantly, etc. Iron Chic is a band that tours every now and again, releases material inconsistently, and is more "pop-punk" than any other act on the roster.

Again, I'm saying all of this from a point of "hrrm interesting" and a chin scratch. Not complaining or whatever. Haha. Just find it interesting how the label is diversifying. It's not like Rise where you see the shift, and there's a pattern to it. This seems to be more random. I'm a nerd. I overanalyze these things from a hyperthetical perspective all the time So yeah. I'm excited to see the next signing too, haha.
Haha I know you're not complaining.

I think it's pretty logical considering they're still a part of the punk scene that B9 has always been closely tied to. The more recent signings of a better example being Crime In Stereo and PBC. I'm not even sure what "pop punk" means anymore as it's evolved so much, so I hesitate to use that word. The users on this site tend to apply the term differently than Latterman fans would. But in good ol' punk rock, I think I understand this signing more than Lemuria because I didn't expect him to sign any soft/laidback sounding artists. B9 has always been that aggressive, upfront, in-your-way sort of label for me since I first started listening to its artists back in the early 2000s. But I'm with you, this is exciting.
09:22 AM on 04/18/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Cool!
09:42 AM on 04/18/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Haha I know you're not complaining.

I think it's pretty logical considering they're still a part of the punk scene that B9 has always been closely tied to. The more recent signings of a better example being Crime In Stereo and PBC. I'm not even sure what "pop punk" means anymore as it's evolved so much, so I hesitate to use that word. The users on this site tend to apply the term differently than Latterman fans would. But in good ol' punk rock, I think I understand this signing more than Lemuria because I didn't expect him to sign any soft/laidback sounding artists. B9 has always been that aggressive, upfront, in-your-way sort of label for me since I first started listening to its artists back in the early 2000s. But I'm with you, this is exciting.
I don't know what it means. Thus the quote, haha. I guess all I was trying to get at was Iron Chic isn't generally associated with "hardcore" like Crime in Stereo and Polar Bear Club are. Again, I don't know why Lemuria didn't surprise me as much, but I think in hindsight it might be that they seem to be more "active." Shrug.

That being said? I'm hoping this signing means Iron Chic tour more, release more music, etc.
09:55 AM on 04/18/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
Nice!
10:02 AM on 04/18/13
duhpizza
User Info.
Absolutely love this band. Well deserved.
10:11 AM on 04/18/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
I don't know what it means. Thus the quote, haha. I guess all I was trying to get at was Iron Chic isn't generally associated with "hardcore" like Crime in Stereo and Polar Bear Club are. Again, I don't know why Lemuria didn't surprise me as much, but I think in hindsight it might be that they seem to be more "active." Shrug.

That being said? I'm hoping this signing means Iron Chic tour more, release more music, etc.
I see what you mean. Still, B9 has always been and will be both a hardcore AND punk rock label, but I'm not surprsied that people usually associate it with the former.
10:14 AM on 04/18/13
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope this means they'll start actually touring.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos