AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:52 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
Greg
last stop suburbia is the best album of the decade

Ha, I don't think anyone would agree with that.
04:25 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
KingJohn_654
You've Got Spiders
Mesa, AZ
Male - 22 Years Old
The Room's Too Cold and Is A Real Boy have several much better examples.

I just realized that I've never listened to TEN.
04:27 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
avril lavigne - complicated
04:37 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
gjpinizz
Life With People
Seattle, WA
Male - 24 Years Old
hit or miss
04:41 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
i don't know why everyone is hating on this thread. anyway, this bridge came first to my mind, I guess because they are on the frontpage.
10:03 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I just realized that I've never listened to TEN.

WUT

they are one of few pop-punk bands who made an album that, while fitting in mood and style wise with pop-punk, totally transcended the idea of just writing power chords and predictable drum fills like most other pop-punk bands. The Room's Too Cold has all that you're looking for when you go for the sadder, more introspective pop-punk sound, but it's also very instrumentally inventive. I love it forever.

The Mother The Mechanic and The Path isn't quite as instrumentally creative but it's a very well rounded rock album and a more mature side to their sound.
11:07 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
KingJohn_654
You've Got Spiders
Mesa, AZ
Male - 22 Years Old
WUT

they are one of few pop-punk bands who made an album that, while fitting in mood and style wise with pop-punk, totally transcended the idea of just writing power chords and predictable drum fills like most other pop-punk bands. The Room's Too Cold has all that you're looking for when you go for the sadder, more introspective pop-punk sound, but it's also very instrumentally inventive. I love it forever.

The Mother The Mechanic and The Path isn't quite as instrumentally creative but it's a very well rounded rock album and a more mature side to their sound.

I'll give it a spin tomorrow and let you know what i think.
11:37 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I'll give it a spin tomorrow and let you know what i think.

i'd like to also add that a lot of early 00s pop-punk bands claim they were inspired by 90s post-hardcore, but with The Room's Too Cold, you can really hear it.
12:24 AM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
Chicago, IL
Male - 28 Years Old
Yellowcard, the Sound of You and Me or Gifts & Curses.
06:03 AM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
Yellowcard - Ocean Avenue

I won't say it's THE BEST pop-punk bridge, but they made it epic live when the crowd sings back vocals.
12:29 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
KingJohn_654
You've Got Spiders
Mesa, AZ
Male - 22 Years Old
i'd like to also add that a lot of early 00s pop-punk bands claim they were inspired by 90s post-hardcore, but with The Room's Too Cold, you can really hear it.

Wow. I just finished. I don't know why I neglected them for so long. That was everything I like about music.
02:17 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
Wow. I just finished. I don't know why I neglected them for so long. That was everything I like about music.

its one of 4 pop-punk albums i still listen to on a regular basis for a reason. as a matter of fact, i enjoy that one more than the other two lately. it may very well be my favorite pop-punk album period.
02:29 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
KingJohn_654
You've Got Spiders
Mesa, AZ
Male - 22 Years Old
its one of 4 pop-punk albums i still listen to on a regular basis for a reason. as a matter of fact, i enjoy that one more than the other two lately. it may very well be my favorite pop-punk album period.

and the other three are?
05:15 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
Make.It.Blur
My tailwind destroyed your wings
Roanoke, VA
Male - 29 Years Old
Damn, I agree with this so much. That album is one of the ones I'll always love because it kicks ass from start to finish. In Currents is really good too though.

Speaking of TEN and best pop punk bridges; Guilt And Swell by TEN off In Currents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_w... _gdata_player
05:28 PM on 04/23/13 
User Info.
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
Portugal
Male - 20 Years Old
"Feeling This" is still the right answer, but I'm with punkcrap. "Ocean Avenue" is one of the greatest.

Yellowcard has tons of great bridges. Light Up The Sky, The Sound Of You And Me, Be The Young... They sure know how to build up...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos