Username
Password

06:17 AM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
xxemo_kittyxx
meow.
Brisbane, Australia
Female - 23 Years Old
Growing up my parents were completely against alcohol due to their religion and that can partly explain why I've been sober all my life. I thought this thread was going to challenge me into justifying that, but I'm glad it didn't. I completely agree with what you said - although I do believe that applies to all other self-indulgent ("sinful") behaviours too - especially ones that restrict the rights of others. As someone who grew up with the judgments and inconsistencies of those who tried to force religion upon me, I find the idea of redemption through sheer belief rather unjust as well. I think everyone should be responsible for their actions, and that responsibility should translate to your transcendent outcomes as well. You can't erase what you've done simply because you've acknowledged some higher power forgives you. Forgiveness itself, to me, is having the opportunity to stay alive to do good things that can benefit others, maybe even change their lives for the better. If faith can allow you hope to be able to do that, then it's all good. Otherwise, you're just fooling your sad, sorry self.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets