Username
Password

11:05 AM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I can see where the OP is coming from. I have a bitter taste in my mouth about people that use religion as a way of claiming that it was the solution to all their problems... and it could be the solution to yours too.

No one/thing can make someone give up an addiction. It's a personal thing and it has to come from within. I think that what some people are calling "god" is just them finding self control. They may say/think that they've found "god" and they might have, but what they've really found is the will within.
12:25 PM on 04/19/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
That's perfectly cool that this is your belief. However, I want to point out that those who do believe in the Christian version of God also believe that he is omnipotent and can absolutely kill someone's addiction. You can't expect people to take both sides of the fence.

That's fine. I can respect that belief, but I personally don't belief that.

Honestly, I think that it's kind of a cop out to rely on some "power" to handle addiction. Whatever works, I'm cool with. I'm sure "finding God" has saved many people's lives, but I just think that people should give themselves more credit for recovering from addiction.

If God can kill the addiction, then why do the vast majority of these "recovered addicts" relapse

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos