Username
Password

11:24 AM on 04/20/13 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
"the wisdom of man is the beginning of foolishness". thought that was worth saying. What I find very curious is that you seem to chastise Christianity for being intolerant, all the while portraying the very same thing toward people who believe in it. And as far as the old testament is concerned, I could crack a book on brain surgery and pretend I knew how to perform surgery, but without context and study, Id just be a dummy with a book. Food for thought.

This is exactly why I didn't want to make public my thoughts on any specific religion in general, because it distracts from my original point.
11:54 AM on 04/20/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
100% agree. Religion is a crutch, plain and simple.
fucking crutches. i hate how they make life manageable for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to handle it.
01:50 PM on 04/20/13 
User Info.
pretevesy
No Avatar Selected
Kenya
meble francuskie usługi brukarskie Rumia emerica
11:51 PM on 04/20/13 
User Info.
mrgenious
in her arms you will never starve
Missouri
Male - 22 Years Old
fucking crutches. i hate how they make life manageable for people who otherwise wouldn't be able to handle it.
yeah, fuck crutches. selfish bitches.
06:32 AM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
Atlanta, Ga
Male - 30 Years Old
To be honest I just said I respect Jesus religions so it wouldn't distract from my original points. Truthfully, I think any form of a Jesus religion is stupid and I hate their teachings. Especially after having read the old testament. People always say to disregard that, but that doesn't change the fact that it's there and that's what your religion is based on. No other religion preaches hate and intolerance more than Christianity.

Wow. I'm a Christian and I don't think you could be more wrong with that statement. There's a lot of f***ed up views of Christians and Christians with f***ed up views of what the actual doctrine teaches. Sadly, that's given us who "preach" a simple message of belief and love EVERYONE a bad name.

I know what you're saying but please don't make that a blanket statement on all of us Christians.
11:51 AM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old
Wow. I'm a Christian and I don't think you could be more wrong with that statement. There's a lot of f***ed up views of Christians and Christians with f***ed up views of what the actual doctrine teaches. Sadly, that's given us who "preach" a simple message of belief and love EVERYONE a bad name.

I know what you're saying but please don't make that a blanket statement on all of us Christians.

If you read, I didn't say it about CHRISTIANS, I said it about CHRISTIANITY. Unfortunately, it's not all, but a good amount of christians interpret the book clearly wrong. I'm not saying it's only christians either, it's literally every religion. But again, my views are irrelevant to the topic I originally introduced.
12:27 PM on 04/22/13 
User Info.
pinkfrosty
Does not give a fuck
DC
Male - 29 Years Old
OP:

Dude, people have been using God as an excuse for their shitty behavior since the beginning of time. Get over it.

But yeah, belief in some kind of god is pretty standard for all AA or NA -type programs. There's a reason they start AA meetings off with a prayer.
06:43 AM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Again And Again
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
I've known a couple guys in AA, and if putting their trust into a higher power helps people become sober, cool. It's just a placebo effect, though, and it's super obnoxious they don't believe it was themselves that caused a change.
11:50 PM on 04/30/13 
User Info.
dontdrivenaked
South Bend, IN
Male - 22 Years Old
Let people believe what they want. Everyone has a vice and if it happens to be God, good for them. However ignorant it might be it's not physically hurting anyone and keeping them out of trouble.
10:33 AM on 05/01/13 
User Info.
JulieLynn
Let's Be Alone Together
Marlborough, MA
Female - 30 Years Old
Most AA members use "Higher Power", some believe in a "god" and some do not.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos