Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 346
05:01 PM on 04/19/13
bop24buf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
my favorite comment on the kickstarter page: "So very proud of you guys for doing this all on your own, and asking for the support of your fans..."
05:03 PM on 04/19/13
Nad
I'm not eating racist salad!
User Info.
I honestly don't understand why people get so mad at kickstarter stuff - no one is forcing you to fund it or contribute money.

They want to tour safely with their children and they want to bring them on tour and not leave their children with a nanny for two months. I get it. I don't know why this makes people so upset.

The band has a dedicated fan base and they'll probably reach this. And if they don't reach it, they don't and they can re-examine what they need to do. But I don't understand why this brings on such hostility and derogatory terms towards the band.

Sure they can stay home with their kids and raise them but that probably means the end of Eisley as we know it. Someone will say "well don't have kids then, duh!" but that's not fair, you aren't in their shoes. If they want to try to bring their kids on tour with them and have that experience and try to keep the band going and be parents, then more power to them, let them try.

What I'm saying is I don't understand the hostility. Some of the sexist posts in this thread are disgusting.
Agreed. Particularly about the sexism in this thread. Fucking disgusting.
05:04 PM on 04/19/13
bop24buf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Agreed. Particularly about the sexism in this thread. Fucking disgusting.
Could you point out some of the sexism? I'm always quick to point it out myself so I'm kind of surprised that I missed it
05:15 PM on 04/19/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
I understand helping a small band fund an album, but this is ridiculous.
05:15 PM on 04/19/13
Nad
User Info.
Could you point out some of the sexism? I'm always quick to point it out myself so I'm kind of surprised that I missed it
I‘m on my phone so I can‘t quote (well I can but it‘d take forever) but someone called them “ugly bitches“. There‘s probably more (I‘m pretty sure I saw more) but I don‘t remember textually/I‘m too lazy to look it up.
05:17 PM on 04/19/13
Nad
User Info.
Also, I haven‘t seen any YET but they always get called sluts and whores here.
05:40 PM on 04/19/13
singregardless
Jared Holley Trolley Engineer
User Info.
You're right. Max isn't the bands personal bank. Eisly fans are.
So Max's funding has absolutely nothing to do with it? Good. One misinformed comment down.

'Eisly' fans are no bank. Clearly, you have several replies in this thread from their fans saying they AREN'T backing this. Hell, I'm not even donating unless that $15 ep is a hard copy.

Those 'Eisly' fans who do are: willing donors, gaining perks, while continuing the lifespan of a band they enjoy - IF THE PROJECT IS FUNDED FULLY. But continue with the supremely flawed bank analogy.
05:43 PM on 04/19/13
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
User Info.
lmao
06:31 PM on 04/19/13
mondaybest
nothing is sacred
User Info.
They planned these kids. Should've been saving up. They knew they'd tour after the babies were born... Id be saving every penny!
06:36 PM on 04/19/13
jco3
Hi.
User Info.
Don't really have any issue with this. If people want to buy shit, they'll buy shit. If they don't fund, they don't...

This is no different than any venture.
06:38 PM on 04/19/13
singregardless
Jared Holley Trolley Engineer
User Info.
I disagree with this being an A or B scenario.
You're partially right. It's possible to be an informed fan of this band and still be against it. I was using the 'you' as in the guy I was referring to, not 'You' as a stand-in for everyone, but I see how you interpreted the response. I was acknowledging other people's legitimate claims and contrasting them with this guys'.

The second part stands for anyone. Narrowing it down to this band - 60% of the band have infants, they've hit snags in releasing music in the past, and are 15 years into their lifespan. Combine those facts with their album sales trend & a potentially stunted tour season, do you really see more coming from them?

Through that lens, I say have at it. Bands like to record & tour. That is their default preference. After 15 years, this band has earned the right to use any resources they may attract for work done in that time. If they fail, so be it.
07:14 PM on 04/19/13
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
User Info.
They planned these kids. Should've been saving up. They knew they'd tour after the babies were born... Id be saving every penny!
lol
07:29 PM on 04/19/13
PigDestroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So Max's funding has absolutely nothing to do with it? Good. One misinformed comment down.

'Eisly' fans are no bank. Clearly, you have several replies in this thread from their fans saying they AREN'T backing this. Hell, I'm not even donating unless that $15 ep is a hard copy.

Those 'Eisly' fans who do are: willing donors, gaining perks, while continuing the lifespan of a band they enjoy - IF THE PROJECT IS FUNDED FULLY. But continue with the supremely flawed bank analogy.
of course it does. they are claiming they can't support themselves and their children and need handouts - so yes, Max and their families finances certainly having something to do with it.

there are people, especially right now, who really need charity and monetary donations. and it's not Eisley.
07:43 PM on 04/19/13
VDH
User Info.
Ballsy move, but if they meet the goal all power to them. I love this band's music, but what is this money going towards? Are they hiring babysitters to come along on tour with them?
08:02 PM on 04/19/13
asthenia*
Never to see any other way...
User Info.
in theory, i have no problem with their goal. kickstarter let's you set it, if you can reach it more power to you.

as a fan of the band, though, i do feel like their rewards are out of touch.

1) unless it is a limited edition physical copy (ideally with a digital download card) no band can justify $15 dollars for 3 - 4 song ep (also 3 - 4? they aren't even guaranteeing how many songs you get). especially when we all know those songs will eventually spread across the internet anyways.

2) $1 for an online live show is a pretty good deal. I would back that.

3) $10 for a polaroid is also sketchy because you're not guaranteed the content of the polaroid... this seems like it's for super fans (plus, you don't get a copy of the songs, seems too pricey)

4) 25 for a shirt and an ep is a bit better. if i were a bigger fan I would back this.

5) 40 for a cardigan and EP is also understandable. BUT again, theres no guarantee you'll like the art on it (same for the t-shirt)

6) $50 for a digital download of demos is INSANE. i've heard brand new AND say anything's demos for free and they were likely much more interesting. also the fact that you don't appear to get any of the previous rewards at this level is ludicrous

7) lol$60 for demos and the ep. oh my god.

8) i'm over this. everything after is just not worth it in my book.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos