AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 28
Displaying posts 405 - 418 of 418
02:24 PM on 04/21/13
kennyrules
User Info.
After calling ten record stores, I found one that had a copy of the T/T/T LP. Don't give up hope yet if you didn't get everything you wanted!
02:33 PM on 04/21/13
Bongi5788
User Info.
Listening to NFG now as I write this and its awesomeee...I also have 2 extra copies of White Stripes - Elephant from yesterday if anyone has any offers...Im looking for T/T/T, Man Orch, and Straylight Run. Other random vinyl offers are welcome as well.
02:35 PM on 04/21/13
mms13
should i say something sensational?
User Info.
let me know how sound garden is. i couldnt make the trip today but i was hoping they'd have JEW and NFG
I got there too late I think (around 5PM). They didn't have either of those. I did find Rufio - Perhaps, I Suppose and Smashing Pumpkins' first album so I picked them up.
04:44 PM on 04/21/13
Kid Defender
Typo
User Info.
Why would you buy it and not open it
He might be a collector.
05:34 PM on 04/21/13
CheckeredFloors
nah
User Info.
He might also be a flipper.
06:54 PM on 04/21/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Got everything I wanted except for T/T/T. My final list ended up being this:

The Hold Steady 7"
JEW 7"
TA/TF 7"
MO/FR/GL split 7"
Braid "Frame and Canvas" 12"
Titus Andronicus "RSD" 12"
Straylight Run "Prepare to Be Wrong" 12"
Owen "Seaside EP" 12"
NFG "Mania" 12"

Plus I ended up getting some stuff from SRC, so overall a pretty successful Record Store Day.
08:29 PM on 04/21/13
5fikev
User Info.
Why would you buy it and not open it

To collect it and have a sealed copy. I have lots of sealed albums but with a lot of those I have a copy on cd as well but therein lies my dilemma because this is only on vinyl. I want to keep it sealed but I have no other way of listening (except when it ends up on youtube) which is nothing like listening to it on vinyl. It's the battle of the collector vs. The music lover in me.
09:37 PM on 04/21/13
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
User Info.
To collect it and have a sealed copy. I have lots of sealed albums but with a lot of those I have a copy on cd as well but therein lies my dilemma because this is only on vinyl. I want to keep it sealed but I have no other way of listening (except when it ends up on youtube) which is nothing like listening to it on vinyl. It's the battle of the collector vs. The music lover in me.
Gotcha. I tend to go with the music lover side, I'd just buy a sleeve to put it in to keep it looking nice. I mean, the point of collecting is to keep it (not sell it) right?
11:02 PM on 04/21/13
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
ANyone who got NFG want to sell me a copy at a decent price?
08:51 AM on 04/22/13
DeadCityScars
Pit Boss
User Info.
I can understand this. At least, to have it sealed for a little while. This was the first time I went out to an actual store and bought like 8 vinyl records. There's a small thrill to cutting open a fresh new record, then listening to it. Way more fun than a CD

In fact, a friend of mine still does this with CDs (buys them, keeps them sealed on a shelf). And I always thought it was strange until now.
10:06 AM on 04/22/13
mattpuch21
Puchinator
User Info.
the company that made them (mondo) had lost the entire shipment on a pallet somewhere up until yesterday when they were found so pretty much no one got them in time for RSD, from what i've read online only a few stores got them outside of Austin. Amoeba in CA being one of them. i would expect them to start showing up at stores starting monday
Thank you so much. This the most important record to acquire, for me personally, right now.
07:15 PM on 04/22/13
morgantayler
Winter is Coming
User Info.
I know a lot of people in here were talking about wanting NFG's Mania but couldn't get a hold of it, so here you go.
07:31 PM on 05/02/13
getupguy222
User Info.
Ah, seriously? That makes me feel so much better, and would make a lot of sense, haha. I was astounded that so many people I knew were looking for it and not a single person could find it. A couple people from the UK are selling them on Ebay, but if it just didn't make it to the states in time, maybe I'll hold off.
Hey, I finally found that frank turner 7" couldn't find it here in the states go it from Banquet Records in the UK the shipping on it wasn't bad, the record was 6 euros and the shipping was only 3 euros. it ended up something like $12 usa. If you are still looking for it they have like 170 copies of it. (think Frank just ended up sending all the ones that shoud have ended up in the states there in the webstore)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos