punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.

Maybe a lot of people wanted to turn it into a flag
01:19 PM on 04/21/13
adamPOP
Heart Means Everything.
User Info.

I had the exact same thought. Must be some really large MO fans out there.
01:21 PM on 04/21/13
adamPOP
Heart Means Everything.
User Info.
this is a dumb shirt/silly campaign ("defend pop punk"). obviously supporting The One Fund is great and important, but the shirt literally makes no sense. and that Impact font... at least put some creativity into it

Hey it might not be the best design ever, but at least they are going to make a donation, and that's what's important. Plus, I'm sure they didn't have a huge amount of time to get it out there. I like the idea, if I'm going to donate anyway, I might as well get a shirt.
01:32 PM on 04/21/13
dohare
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
im not being negative, but is the one fund boston going directly to family's medical bills? funeral expenses for the fatalities? it appears to be a exempt status org formed by a mayor and governor, i would hope the bills being paid are from hospitals and funeral homes rather than public service individuals first. not to say i dont think what they did is amazing, just cant imagine having to deal with hospital bills like some of these people are gonna get.
03:20 PM on 04/21/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
im not being negative, but is the one fund boston going directly to family's medical bills? funeral expenses for the fatalities? it appears to be a exempt status org formed by a mayor and governor, i would hope the bills being paid are from hospitals and funeral homes rather than public service individuals first. not to say i dont think what they did is amazing, just cant imagine having to deal with hospital bills like some of these people are gonna get.

Well said.
04:56 PM on 04/21/13
KidASquared
sung by a hack
User Info.
Hey it might not be the best design ever, but at least they are going to make a donation, and that's what's important. Plus, I'm sure they didn't have a huge amount of time to get it out there. I like the idea, if I'm going to donate anyway, I might as well get a shirt.
I agree with that, it is very thoughtful of them to make a shirt for that very important foundation and I do understand that they wanted to come up with a quick design, but I think the shirt design is silly and makes no sense. they didn't need to insert their really awful slogan onto a charity shirt
07:16 PM on 04/21/13
FiendCameron
Why Didn't You Kill Yourself Today?
User Info.
I've always wondered who or what Man Overboard is defending pop punk from?
10:07 PM on 04/21/13
ShayDe
User Info.
this is a dumb shirt/silly campaign ("defend pop punk"). obviously supporting The One Fund is great and important, but the shirt literally makes no sense. and that Impact font... at least put some creativity into it
yeah i kinda felt the same way.
06:30 AM on 04/22/13
codeseven
rtfm
User Info.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here. I truly would like an answer. Could someone explain to me what "Defend Pop Punk" really means?
08:37 AM on 04/22/13
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
I'm not trying to be a smart ass here. I truly would like an answer. Could someone explain to me what "Defend Pop Punk" really means?
In my opinion... its just support of the genre. I'm not sure exactly when, but I think these shirts starting becoming pretty prevalent right around the same time that New Found Glory took Man Overboard on the "Pop Punk's Not Dead" tour. I like Man Overboard and I like pop-punk, and that's why I have a few of the shirts. Maybe someone else knows more than me though! A friend of mine also does parody t-shirts that say "Defend Top Bunk", and instead of having the guns, its a bunk bed. I also have that shirt haha
09:10 AM on 04/22/13
Buscemi Knows Best
You owe me a Sausage McMuffin.
User Info.
A friend of mine also does parody t-shirts that say "Defend Top Bunk", and instead of having the guns, its a bunk bed. I also have that shirt haha

Now this I can support.
10:33 AM on 04/22/13
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
If you're interested, here ya go! http://defendtopbunk.bigcartel.com/
Hopefully no one will bash me for posting a link to something else on this feed... But people are gonna support what they wanna support, so no big deal in my opinion.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS