Username
Password
Line-up Change News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Line-up Change
Inside AP.net

Xander Bourgeois Leaves SECRETS

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (04/20/13)
Xander Bourgeois has left Secrets to pursue other projects in addition to trying to maintain his sobriety.
Hey everyone, its Xander here.
as we know, all good things come to an end, BUT this is definitely not the end for neither myself nor Secrets, but I have made the decision to quit Secrets in order to maintain my sobriety and also make a new band for myself. I love everyone in this band and wish Secrets the best, I hope all of you can understand where I am coming from, I love you guys so much and thank you for the abundance in support throughout the past two years. see you soon.
here is a video I made in order to further explain my decision.
-Xander Bourgeois

Submitted by positiv-o

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
03:43 PM on 04/20/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
04:29 PM on 04/20/13
cherrycokewhore
Registered Pokémon Trainer
User Info.
No big deal, Secrets will just trade in a new vocalist from another Rise band. Then Xander's new band will be signed to Rise. Business as usual.
04:35 PM on 04/20/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Isn't this the band that would be mediocre/decent if they didn't have the shitty screamer?
04:57 PM on 04/20/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Isn't this the band that would be mediocre/decent if they didn't have the shitty screamer?
Sort of. As you know, I'm pretty tolerant of generic bands but theirs was way too breakdown heavy and horribly produced by Tom Denney. The clean singer is excellent though. He used to be in a far better band called Dawn Defeo;

EP is excellent, very classic for anyone interested.
04:57 PM on 04/20/13
Andy43110
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't get how leaving one band to start another helps with sobriety. Shayley from OM&M did the same thing. Are they just looking for a new group of people to be around in order to stay sober?
05:01 PM on 04/20/13
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
I don't get how leaving one band to start another helps with sobriety. Shayley from OM&M did the same thing. Are they just looking for a new group of people to be around in order to stay sober?
i guess it's the fact that they take a "break" away from touring i mean shayley even though he started dayshell directly after he left om&m, only started touring earlier this year ( therefore taking more than a year off).
05:05 PM on 04/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I have their album, don't listen to it often.
05:28 PM on 04/20/13
Peerless
User Info.
Is he the clean singer or screamer?
05:31 PM on 04/20/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Is he the clean singer or screamer?
Screamer
05:46 PM on 04/20/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Ah, ok. The clean singer has always been the highlight of their music for me.
06:09 PM on 04/20/13
Niko John
https://twitter.com/nikovercelletto
User Info.
He did say that he specifically hand picked the new members to help him stay sober. I'm assuming that means people who don't do drugs and who don't drink/don't drink excessively.
06:22 PM on 04/20/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Sort of. As you know, I'm pretty tolerant of generic bands but theirs was way too breakdown heavy and horribly produced by Tom Denney. The clean singer is excellent though. He used to be in a far better band called Dawn Defeo;

EP is excellent, very classic for anyone interested.
Haha yeah I hate that genre, but I mean, the songs that I heard from them were probably as good as it gets for that type of really bad numetalcore. If they continue writing their poppy stuff without screams they'll almost be decent.

As for "leaving a band to help with sobriety" bands probably kick this members out because they're drunk idiots and everyone has too much of an ego to actually say "yeah I was kicked out", instead they have to bust out a press release like they mattered.
07:00 PM on 04/20/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Doesn't matter; pretty all of the band members in this scene (Rise, Fearless, etc) are interchangeable with each other
07:07 PM on 04/20/13
galkain
NothingOriginal.net
User Info.
Just put him in the back tracks as well. Problem solved.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests