AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Chat: Jim Ward

Posted by - 03:53 PM on 04/22/08
Update: That chat is now over. Thank you to Jim for spending a Tuesday evening with us. We wish him the best of luck in all his endeavors.

Here, in this thread, at approximately 7 p.m. EST, Jim Ward of Sleepercar (and Sparta and formerly At the Drive-In) will be chatting with AP.net users. Come in, say hi and chat it up about the band's new album, West Texas, which officially hits stores today.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 119
03:53 PM on 04/22/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Rules & Guidelines
- Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask them tough questions, but make sure that you aren't crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.

- Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get the band members' attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.

- If someone doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.

- This is not a way to ask the band for favors, to ask them if they'll write a song for you or visit you at your house. While I'm sure they'd absolutely love to, try not to hassle them too much.

- You may notice a slight lag on the website while refreshing pages/posting. That's because this band rules and a lot of people want to talk to them and it slows the site down.
04:00 PM on 04/22/08
Julia Conny
"Julia HurriConny"
User Info.
Welcome Jim!

I'll start off by saying it's a pleasure to have you here today. How are things going for you?
04:03 PM on 04/22/08
JimSLEEPERCAR
User Info.
Welcome Jim!

I'll start off by saying it's a pleasure to have you here today. How are things going for you?

good- thanks-
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Jim, you're my favorite active musician/vocalist at the moment. I love everything you did with ATDI, love everything you've done with Sparta (Threes is incredible), I loved Quiet, and I currently love Sleepercar. Thanks for being such a huge influence on my musical taste and for being someone who does music for the love of it. Thank you also for using your position to try to make change and not remain static, especially in the political realm. And, also, thank you for this performance...best live performance I've ever seen on Youtube.
MyWorldEntire
COYRS
User Info.
Glad to have you here, any chance we will hear some new Sparta material soon? Threes was definitely one of my favorite albums from '06, looking forward to hearing new stuff.
04:04 PM on 04/22/08
GoldenDaze421
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Congrats on the album Jim! I can't wait to hear it. I just bought it today.
JimSLEEPERCAR
User Info.
thanks- that's nice to hear
madmadabsrd
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
dude i have a question. how did you choose who else should participate in sleepercar?
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
any reference to texas is good in my eyes. love the album cover also. one of my friends lives in lubbock so it totally captures the west texas sunset.
04:05 PM on 04/22/08
JimSLEEPERCAR
User Info.
Glad to have you here, any chance we will hear some new Sparta material soon? Threes was definitely one of my favorite albums from 06', looking forward to hearing new stuff.
i am definitely working on sleepercar for now, i don't know when sparta will make some noise, but we will keep everyone posted- thanks for the nice words though
04:05 PM on 04/22/08
AdamWASFearless
The Rational Voice of AP.net
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
uumm okay so can I be the first to ask a question?

Jim - I worked on the ATDI Reissues and Anthology when I was the publicist (among other things) at Fearless Records. I also caught you at SXSW this year. Great set.

My question - right before the set at SXSW the girl running sound was playing ATDI unbeknown to her that it was your former band. I know that you bristled at the situation, understandably. Do you feel internally conflicted about shunning a project that really put you in a great position to explore your other musical ventures? Is it kind of like talking about an ex-girlfriend - just something you don't feel like talking about anymore?

XOXO

Adam

PS. send my love to Blaze and Lindsey.
04:06 PM on 04/22/08
jgord88
User Info.
Hey Jim, I am a huge fan. I was wondering what the deal was with those black single pickup Gibson SG Standards that I have seen in videos of you and Paul playing. Did you and Paul customize those your selves, or did Gibson make them for you. I have also noticed that you took out the neck pick up in a Fender 72 tele deluxe. Is the sound of just the bridge pickup your ideal guitar sound?
GoldenDaze421
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What do you think of your album being released? Are you happy, a little embarrassed, super stoked or chill? Haha.
JimSLEEPERCAR
User Info.
dude i have a question. how did you choose who else should participate in sleepercar?

i have a little gang of guys i hang out with and play music with here and there- that is where they come in- except maura davis, i just love her voice so i begged her to sing

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos