Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
08:16 PM on 04/21/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Watched this for the first time in years tonight. Buble was super awkward, most of the performances were good and I'm happy Marianas Trench won something. I also really wish Cancer Bats won Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year.
08:26 PM on 04/21/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian country music?... Hahaha

Clearly you're not familiar with the province of Alberta, haha.
08:31 PM on 04/21/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Prediction for next year:

Shad will win best hip hop rap album. City and Colour will have have a bunch of nominations.

I hope so, especially since it's in Winnipeg next year and I might actually go.
09:14 PM on 04/21/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
This. Also, Shania Twain anyone ?

Yep, my dad used to play Come On Over all the time, haha. And she was actually on the show tonight highlighting this charity called MusiCounts. I guess she's also performing in Vegas now... which is something I didn't realize.
10:42 AM on 04/22/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I usually watch it every year, and it might be because I didn't really know a lot about the performers, but I thought it was a real snoozefest and stopped watching after an hour. Also, I really think they should give more awards on air.

Agreed that they should give out more awards on air. And I'm probably biased about the performances because I really do like Billy Talent and Marianas Trench, haha. I thought Hannah Georgas was pretty good too.

Did not know that Deadmau5 was Canadian. Also, that many people care about Marianas Trench?

They headline arenas here so yes.

too bad Billy Talent didn't win anything. I hope Silverstein gets nominated next year, it would be really cool

I'm also a little sad that that BT didn't win anything. Doubt Silverstein would ever win or any "punk" inspired band for that matter, unless they became super popular. All of my favourite Canadian bands (Living With Lions, The Flatliners, Carpenter) will never be recognized at the Juno Awards, as has already sort of been discussed in this thread.

The fact that Carley Rae Jensen won album of the year over marianas trench is a joke. I don't hang Carley Rae but come on....

It's all based on money, haha. That song was huge, I was in Ecuador last summer and even then I couldn't escape her.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS