12:23 AM on 04/22/13
sixmillionways
Ima live 4eva if the good die young
User Info.
what is rush still doing winning awards? gtfo
01:23 AM on 04/22/13
ShayDe
User Info.
Uhhh, there's a ton of bands on the west coast that are worth listening to. I know it goes across the country as well. Juno awards, while fun and all, really have nothing of merit to say about the current state of music in Canada.

If you're tuning into the Juno's to find up and coming bands in Canada, you're doing it wrong.
Yeah I agree man. I would never turn to the Junos to look for new music thats for sure haha.
04:42 AM on 04/22/13
woodmic
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dissapointed for Billy Talent. Dead Silence was a good return to form.
04:59 AM on 04/22/13
CallMeTroy
Fail To Feel
User Info.
Good for Grimes.
06:57 AM on 04/22/13
chcougar1
User Info.
The fact that Carley Rae Jensen won album of the year over marianas trench is a joke. I don't hang Carley Rae but come on....
07:06 AM on 04/22/13
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did not know that Deadmau5 was Canadian. Also, that many people care about Marianas Trench?
07:09 AM on 04/22/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Watched this for the first time in years tonight. Buble was super awkward, most of the performances were good and I'm happy Marianas Trench won something.
I usually watch it every year, and it might be because I didn't really know a lot about the performers, but I thought it was a real snoozefest and stopped watching after an hour. Also, I really think they should give more awards on air.
07:11 AM on 04/22/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Also, that many people care about Marianas Trench?
I didn't know either, although it might be because I'm from Quebec and they're not getting a lot of airplay here.
07:25 AM on 04/22/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
too bad Billy Talent didn't win anything. I hope Silverstein gets nominated next year, it would be really cool
08:04 AM on 04/22/13
towrope
User Info.
Uhhh, there's a ton of bands on the west coast that are worth listening to. I know it goes across the country as well. Juno awards, while fun and all, really have nothing of merit to say about the current state of music in Canada.

If you're tuning into the Juno's to find up and coming bands in Canada, you're doing it wrong.
Completely agree.

Everyone should check out Current Swell and July Talk to see some good Canadian bands that should be rewarded with Junos
10:42 AM on 04/22/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I usually watch it every year, and it might be because I didn't really know a lot about the performers, but I thought it was a real snoozefest and stopped watching after an hour. Also, I really think they should give more awards on air.

Agreed that they should give out more awards on air. And I'm probably biased about the performances because I really do like Billy Talent and Marianas Trench, haha. I thought Hannah Georgas was pretty good too.

Did not know that Deadmau5 was Canadian. Also, that many people care about Marianas Trench?

They headline arenas here so yes.

too bad Billy Talent didn't win anything. I hope Silverstein gets nominated next year, it would be really cool

I'm also a little sad that that BT didn't win anything. Doubt Silverstein would ever win or any "punk" inspired band for that matter, unless they became super popular. All of my favourite Canadian bands (Living With Lions, The Flatliners, Carpenter) will never be recognized at the Juno Awards, as has already sort of been discussed in this thread.

The fact that Carley Rae Jensen won album of the year over marianas trench is a joke. I don't hang Carley Rae but come on....

It's all based on money, haha. That song was huge, I was in Ecuador last summer and even then I couldn't escape her.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS