Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 13 posts.
09:06 AM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
honestly i've really grown out of atmosphere. slugs ranting about girls is really starting to get old. i just hope that this review gives way to this site to review some more hip hop juding from the fact that there is no "recommended if you like" box to be seen that this is probably one of the few or if not the very first staff member reviewed rap record. there are other socio conscious artists that deliver way more better than slug in my opinion. i dont see any reason why absolutepunk cant review more indie hip hop

They've/he has always been awful. I don't understand why people enjoy it.
01:13 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
Hahahaha coming from someone with a solda boy icon hahahaha.

Hey! Dumbfuck! That's Lil Wayne. You know... the guy who would slaughter AtMOsPheRe. Also, go fuck yourself.
01:50 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
hahahahahahaha your a bitch and wayne can suck it

Bring the crowd and I'm loud In Living Colour
It is Weezy fuckin' baby got these rappers in my stomach
Yummy, I'm takin' it I ain't asking them for nothing
If you sell a million records we can battle for ya' money
I rather count a hundred thousand dollars on a sunday
Watch a football game and bet it all on one play
Still stuntin' baby yes I'm still flossin
Latest car on the market wit the top peeled off it
Big wheels make it look a lil bulky
You look a lil salty have ya' self a chill coffee
Chill out the girls is still out
Even though I am a boss and got papers to fill out
I'm busy I got paper to reel in
God I hope they steppin' at the end of my rod
And I hope I'm fishing in the right pond
And I hope you catchin' on to every line
Who am I?

[Hook]
The Best Rapper Alive [4x]
Swagger right (check) game tight
And they gon R-E-S-P-E-C-T me
(who?) The Best Rapper Alive [4x]
And you should be afraid be very afraid

[Verse 2]
The heart of New Orleans
Thumpin' and beatin'
Livin' and breathin'
Stealin' and feedin
Peelin' and leavin'
Killin' and grievin'
Dearly departed, erased deleted
No prints, no plates, no face, no trace
Out of sight, out of mind
No court, no case
Sell his chain celebrate block party second line
Zulu ball essence fest jazz fest mardi gras
Shorty bounce, body rock
Now he drop now he got
Family cry tell the feds, tell the cops
Smell the rat comin' back to the house
To the spot, tap tap, knock knock who is dat
(Pow!) trigga man hoodie man tell the kids
Boogie man pistol pete ammo mammal gun man blum blam!
Damn Sammie you dun' fucked up
Puss' ass ****** put ya' nuts up
Just call me

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
Fuck up wit all these rookie MCs?
(whew!) smell like a bunch of pussy to me
Fuck Em!
Fuck 'em good, fuck 'em long, fuck 'em hard
Fuck who? Fuck 'em all
(yeah) like dat, jus like dat
I'm on dat money train and the mac'll knock 'em off track
The quarterback well protected from the Warren Sapp
The young heart attack I spit dat cardiac
You can't see me baby boy you got dat catorax
I'm right here straight out the hood jus like an alley cat
Since everyone's a king where the fuck your palace at?
Me I got calus on my hand I can handle dat
Its no problem baby I so got 'em
Its just a victory lap baby I'm jus joggin'
And I ain't even out of breathe
the motherfuckin' best yet sorry for cursing
Who?

The Best Rapper Alive [4x]
And they gon R-E-S-P-E-C-T me
(who?) The Best Rapper Alive [4x]
And you should be afraid be very afraid
03:31 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
You have a Lil' Wayne avatar, don't tell me Atmosphere is awful.

I've already stated it.
05:13 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
I was expecting a wittier respsonse, but that'll suffice.

You mean like making fun of your typo's?
06:51 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
You're calling him a dumbfuck, yet you listen to Lil' Wayne, who has the most annoying rapping voice I've ever heard. And not only does Atmosphere kick his ass, they actually rap about things that are relevant to their lives instead of Lil' Wayne who just acts like he's a badass.

Yes, I called him a dumbfuck. And why? Because he said "you have solda boy in your avatar." It was completely necessary. Your username is hellogoodbye758. That is all.
01:21 PM on 04/25/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
So if you were trying to post this as an example of how good he is or whatever your fucking retarded. Just another commercial rapper rapping about money and "thug" life. No fucking substance at all, grow up.

Haha, grow up? You just called me "retarded." Fuck you. Go listen to some "deep and artsy" rap, you dumbfuck.
12:24 PM on 04/27/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
Hahaha "deep and artsy"
like atmosphere is made up of skinny emo kids or something.
I'll agree that Slug's lyrics can be deep but artsy wouldn't describe it.
Atmosphere is very much salt-of-the-earth if you ask me.

I bet you haven't to listened to more than a handful, if that, of Atmosphere's tracks, have you? Gonna make generalizations because Lil Wayne appears "harder" to you, right? He's a badass, right?

You remind me of my fucking brother. Good luck with your life on the internet

Actually, I own Seven's Travels and Strictly Leakage. After that I never bothered/wanted to hear anymore of him. Plus I saw him live, and it was awful. But yeah, I definitely like Lil Wayne because he's harder and a badass, moron.

I came into this thread, stated that I didn't like him, and didn't understand what was so great about him. Then a slew of intelligent insults came flying at me because of a Wayne avatar. Because I stated my opinion. Pretty pathetic, no? Of course I'm going to argue back.

The "deep and artsy" comment is referring the majority of people this website who shun hip hop, but for some odd reason think Atmosphere and the Gym Class Heroes are God's among men. As if they were too cool for rap, but no, "he talks about real shit, bro!"

Try not to get so worked up about stupid shit, you'll come off as alot less pathetic.
10:07 AM on 04/28/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
I don't shun hip-hop or rap , but I do really enjoy Atmosphere. I'm not about to compare him to Kanye or Tupac, or whatever, because I enjoy all of them. but I agree that people flew way the fuck off the handle when you simply stated that you didn't care for them.

oh and for the record, Gym Class Heroes are not a good band. so I don't see why people would hold them as "gods amongst men".

Gym Class Heroes are indeed awful.
10:09 AM on 04/28/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
So quit wondering how they got here and just accept the fact that the Music Industry has become not just an album in a store but a track on Purevolume or a video on YouTube and suburban teens have so much pull when it comes to cash flow that any group with a glimmer of indie-scenester cred are going to get plastered all over the internet and websites like this one to pander to the easily slanted aura of the "what is hip right now" mindset. A band could never put out a solid album again but as long as one or two of those songs can sell-out a show in some venue in Charlotte they are going to have a record deal. Hell they don't even have to be capable of playing music at all... just have a cool name... along with some interesting looking shirts and a band that has following to endorse you and you will sell something if only for 6 months i.e. Cobra Starship.

No one wondered how any of the artists mentioned got where they are, it was "why do people think they're so good." So this was irrelevant. But thanks for the ride to school, mom.
03:22 PM on 04/28/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.

Points awarded to: Dr. Obvious.
12:58 AM on 05/14/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
Lil Wayne is pretty good, I must admit that. but its rediculous to try and compare the two, they are totally different, i hate to be cliche, but its like comparing apples and oranges.. Whats kind of interesting is that weezy is only 24 and hes been around forever it seems. anyways, atmosphere is getting all this hate, and i dont get it. Their beats are solid, nice bass lines, catchy hooks, but the lyrics are what get me.

atmosphere is doing something right that many people cannot do. they are their own niche, a totally different kind of hip hop than anything else, lyrically and musically, plus they perform with a full band which is sweet.

I completely understand. I didn't try to compare the two at all. I had a Wayne avatar at the time, and people tried to rip on me. Of course I'm going to argue back.

Wayne and Atmosphere are completely different styles. I enjoy Weezy alot, and I can't stand Atmosphere. I find his music completely boring. So what? That's fine. I Enjoy Weezy. Go ahead, Like Atmosphere if you want. Love him if you want. Do whatever the fuck you want. When it comes down to it, Atmosphere is good at the style he does, and Wayne is good at the style of hip hop he does.

I just can't stand "scene" kids who hate "gangster rap (the good kind)" because of the things they talk about, and then praise Atmosphere, or Slug for that matter.

I'm not ripping on you in any way, and thank you for understanding my point of view.
01:02 AM on 05/14/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.

Really? Just go home? Fuck you. You're the type of person that would get by a car and I would gladly drive away laughing.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums