Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 95
03:13 PM on 04/23/08
joshy hizzle
Rocky Top
User Info.
They've/he has always been awful. I don't understand why people enjoy it.

You have a Lil' Wayne avatar, don't tell me Atmosphere is awful.
03:31 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
You have a Lil' Wayne avatar, don't tell me Atmosphere is awful.

I've already stated it.
04:30 PM on 04/23/08
joshy hizzle
Rocky Top
User Info.

I was expecting a wittier respsonse, but that'll suffice.
05:13 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
I was expecting a wittier respsonse, but that'll suffice.

You mean like making fun of your typo's?
06:00 PM on 04/23/08
SwishMX48
In December, drinkin' Horchata
User Info.
There's a cool interview floating around about this album where Slug and Ant break down the meaning of each song on the, Your Glass House is actually a political song and The Skinny is about trying to quit smoking, I thought that was pretty cool.

Anyway, solid review and great album!
06:06 PM on 04/23/08
hellogoodbye758
User Info.
I love the storytelling in the songs. My favorites are "Puppets", "Gurantees", "You", "Wild Wild Horses", and "Yesterday"
06:09 PM on 04/23/08
hellogoodbye758
User Info.
Hey! Dumbfuck! That's Lil Wayne. You know... the guy who would slaughter AtMOsPheRe. Also, go fuck yourself.

You're calling him a dumbfuck, yet you listen to Lil' Wayne, who has the most annoying rapping voice I've ever heard. And not only does Atmosphere kick his ass, they actually rap about things that are relevant to their lives instead of Lil' Wayne who just acts like he's a badass.
06:19 PM on 04/23/08
recomposed
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
god, this album is good. i'm seeing them for the first time next tuesday!
06:49 PM on 04/23/08
williek311
User Info.
This album is ok. A couple good tracks but nothing great. Ant's production fell off on this album if you ask me.

And Lil Wayne is not that good. He's not even in the top 5/10 rappers out right now.
06:51 PM on 04/23/08
Tyler Revolution
Best poster alive!
User Info.
You're calling him a dumbfuck, yet you listen to Lil' Wayne, who has the most annoying rapping voice I've ever heard. And not only does Atmosphere kick his ass, they actually rap about things that are relevant to their lives instead of Lil' Wayne who just acts like he's a badass.

Yes, I called him a dumbfuck. And why? Because he said "you have solda boy in your avatar." It was completely necessary. Your username is hellogoodbye758. That is all.
07:13 PM on 04/23/08
Kyle Thrash
@thrash_itup
User Info.
hah the dude from Iowa calling everyone out on what rap is.

This debate always happens when indie rap gets reviewed.
07:47 PM on 04/23/08
Teumessian Fox
Registered Sex-Offender
User Info.
This album is one of the best albums released this year... and that is pretty good company so far. The greatest thing about Slug and Ant is that they just do what they want to and don't ask for permission... a testament to what every Hip-Hop act wishes they had.
Best concept hip-hop album I've heard in a longtime.

"Forget snitchin mother f***er stop bitchin
If you afraid of rats get the F*** out the kitchen
They only come when you cookin up a mess
And I'm supposed to be impressed by your bulletproof vest
That comeback gunpacking tough act thug chapter
'Bout as entertaining as a bug zapper
F*** that
Add up all the stories in your raps and subtract each one that isn't really from your past
Take the remainder multiply with how many times in your life you thought that you was gonna die
Divide that sum with the outcome of how many kids you had before you dropped an album
Low ceiling for the masses of dope rappers
Most dope dealers that I know got broke ladders trying to cover both factors
Shit I can't imagine that math
I'm just a highschool grad
But I know what matters is I gave it every thing that I had cause I'm a son and a dad
Trying to learn mathmatics for the growth I'm out I gotta hit the gym so we can film a video"
-Dedication piece I believe to some rappers that think that they got be 'hard' to be 'heard'
07:57 PM on 04/23/08
Jumpoff
Muckduck
User Info.
I still can't figure out why Atmosphere has such a huge following in the scene. They have always been so.. average to me. Brother Ali is better on Ant beats than Slug is..

This album is one of the best albums released this year... and that is pretty good company so far. The greatest thing about Slug and Ant is that they just do what they want to and don't ask for permission... a testament to what every Hip-Hop act wishes they had.

Most rappers and rap groups do have the ability to do what they want. Atmosphere isn't any different than any run of the mill underground rap group.
08:56 PM on 04/23/08
joshy hizzle
Rocky Top
User Info.
You mean like making fun of your typo's?

If you consider that wit.
09:11 PM on 04/23/08
Teumessian Fox
Registered Sex-Offender
User Info.
I still can't figure out why Atmosphere has such a huge following in the scene. They have always been so.. average to me. Brother Ali is better on Ant beats than Slug is..
Most rappers and rap groups do have the ability to do what they want. Atmosphere isn't any different than any run of the mill underground rap group.

Average? Abusing the Rib... The Woman with the Tattooed Hands... GodLovesUgly... Trying To Find A Balance... Fuck You Lucy... Always Coming Back Home to You... God's Bathroom Floor... Scapegoat... those are average to you? The fact of the matter is that Atmosphere opened the doors for so many of these rappers that you say "do what they want"... Brother Ali and the rest of the Rhymesayers crew is only around and all together because of Ant and Slug. Don't get me wrong... Ali and POS could of easily been with a major label but when a stacked team with the likes of Eyedea, Blueprint and Boom Bap that garners the respect the likes of MF Doom, Sage Francis and Aesop Rock... there really isn't anything around that still retains "noticeable" individuality and record sale clout at the same time. It's respect... before you jump to front of the line you gotta get someone to hold your spot.

And most rappers DO NOT get to do what they want. You think half the rappers out want to be rapping about dance moves and drug-dealing... it's radio play... and keeping their jobs. Right now the market is flooded with Hip-Hop Groups that are going to be dust in less than 2 years. It's going to be like the '90s and Boy Bands or the '80s and Hair Metal... nothing is going to stick for long and when the dust clears not much is going to be left in it's wake. When you help found and build the very rap-label you release your albums through you can put children's stories inbetween your song lyric pages.

Atmosphere = Average... hahaha... I gotta see what makes up your playlist.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos