AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Jimmy Eat World News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 56.
10:44 AM on 04/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I really cant believe that these 2 songs released are getting ANY sort of negative reaction on this site. this is Jimmy Eat World in its finest form since Futures.
Nah, "Stay on Our Side" and "Chase This Light" are both way good ...
10:53 AM on 04/22/13
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I strongly disagree with you, but that's the point of opinion... Chase This Light as a whole, is extremely inconsistent in its tone. It has some great songs, but nowhere near as cohesive as Futures. These 2 tracks released so far sound like they could squeeze into Futures seamlessly. May I also add that I almost prefer Invented over Chase This Light. for me, its tough for Jimmy Eat World to do much harm.
10:55 AM on 04/22/13
littleredhouse
User Info.
one of my favorite radiohead songs. pretty good!
11:00 AM on 04/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I strongly disagree with you, but that's the point of opinion... Chase This Light as a whole, is extremely inconsistent in its tone. It has some great songs, but nowhere near as cohesive as Futures. These 2 tracks released so far sound like they could squeeze into Futures seamlessly. May I also add that I almost prefer Invented over Chase This Light. for me, its tough for Jimmy Eat World to do much harm.
While inconsistent (Get Lucky, Electable, Firefight) ... the rest of the album is on par with "Futures" in my opinion, and contains "Dizzy" (one of the best song they ever did), the could have shifted some stuff on CTL around to make it sound more "cohesive" (replace Electable with Be Sensible, replace Get Lucky with Open Bar Reception, change the sequencing) and that album is as good as Futures IMO.

Having heard this album ... it is not much like "Futures" at all. It's a more raw "Invented" ... honestly, I disagree with your other point too: I have no idea where either of these would fit on "Futures" without sticking out like a sore thumb.
11:06 AM on 04/22/13
mvacare23
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
While inconsistent (Get Lucky, Electable, Firefight) ... the rest of the album is on par with "Futures" in my opinion, and contains "Dizzy" (one of the best song they ever did), the could have shifted some stuff on CTL around to make it sound more "cohesive" (replace Electable with Be Sensible, replace Get Lucky with Open Bar Reception, change the sequencing) and that album is as good as Futures IMO.

Having heard this album ... it is not much like "Futures" at all. It's a more raw "Invented" ... honestly, I disagree with your other point too: I have no idea where either of these would fit on "Futures" without sticking out like a sore thumb.
Your opening paragraph is interesting. I really like your views on how they could shift some stuff around and it would improve the overall momentum/feel of the album. 1 problem that sticks out and shows that we are on different pages is the fact that I actually really enjoy Firefight. I think our tastes are just a little bit different with Jimmy....

You clearly have the upper hand as you have heard this album, but I agree to disagree regarding these songs fitting into "Futures". the only thing I can think of restricting these 2 songs from fitting into "Futures", is the production.
11:12 AM on 04/22/13
fakeyellowlight
User Info.
Best song on the album.
I was hoping it would be "You Were Good," if only because it is the album's closer...
11:13 AM on 04/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I was hoping it would be "You Were Good," if only because it is the album's closer...
"Lean" and "You Were Good" are my two least favorites.

"Please Say No" "Byebyelove" and "Damage" are my favorites.
11:34 AM on 04/22/13
transitrock
young brash hopeful
User Info.
good song. some parts remind me of 'movielike'

in my opinion, everything they have done since futures has been very good but not better than anything major releases they did before that. i just feel like i am holding my breath for something more daring/less radio friendly that may not ever come. songs like 'bleed american', 'just tonight' and 'your new aesthetic'.

nevertheless, excited to hear the entire record.
11:49 AM on 04/22/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
What do you think of Invented?
11:53 AM on 04/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
What do you think of Invented?
I liked it ... but it was my least favorite since "Static Prevails" ... some good songs, but some I didn't love.
11:59 AM on 04/22/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
I liked it ... but it was my least favorite since "Static Prevails" ... some good songs, but some I didn't love.
Interesting. I thought it was a solid album. Not on par with Futures and CTL, but still super good IMO. How does Damage hold up to their discography?
12:11 PM on 04/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Interesting. I thought it was a solid album. Not on par with Futures and CTL, but still super good IMO. How does Damage hold up to their discography?
I wanna wait to make more comments on that until I hear something more high-quality than the advance stream. The quality of it is iffy at best.
12:18 PM on 04/22/13
bluecrunchy
To shreds, you say.
User Info.
Well, this is definitely going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day. After a few listens, I really like both songs they've put out so far. I have no doubt the rest will be great.
12:19 PM on 04/22/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I dig it, it sounds like Jimmy Eat World which is usually what I'm looking for when listening to a new Jimmy Eat World song.
12:31 PM on 04/22/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.

agreed, Stay on My Side is perfect, such a beautiful piece.. And I enjoyed most of Chase This Light.. Invented was also my least favourite, but still good, I have high hopes with this one.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests