User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i found a short review of new album, damage here :

http://www.musicemissions.com/artist...album_id=16771
01:56 PM on 04/22/13
contra11mundum
I am not magnificent.
User Info.
I wanna wait to make more comments on that until I hear something more high-quality than the advance stream. The quality of it is iffy at best.
Understood.
02:16 PM on 04/22/13
PIG DESTROYER
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
While inconsistent (Get Lucky, Electable, Firefight) ... the rest of the album is on par with "Futures" in my opinion, and contains "Dizzy" (one of the best song they ever did), the could have shifted some stuff on CTL around to make it sound more "cohesive" (replace Electable with Be Sensible, replace Get Lucky with Open Bar Reception, change the sequencing) and that album is as good as Futures IMO.

Having heard this album ... it is not much like "Futures" at all. It's a more raw "Invented" ... honestly, I disagree with your other point too: I have no idea where either of these would fit on "Futures" without sticking out like a sore thumb.
Finally, someone agrees with me that Chase This Light is great, but just suffers a bit from inconsistency and sequencing. My friends think I'm weird and that I should respect an album as the artist intended it to be heard, but I actually change a good half of the albums I have in my itunes, whether it be deleting songs that suck, changing order to what I think works better, or adding b-sides that shouldn't have been b-sides. I even edit songs sometime (sorry mars volta, I don't want to listen to 3 minutes of space sounds in the middle of an otherwise fantastic song).

MY version of Chase this light is as follows:
I kept the first 5 songs as they are (electable is SO stupid, but the absurd catchiness of the group vocal chanting fits with the glossy pop of the album to me)
Then I deleted "Gotta be somebody's blues"- it's a great song, but it sticks out like a sore thumb as the sole dark song in an album full of pure pop. It works better as a b-side. I replaced it with "Open Bar Reception."
I then left the rest of the album as it is until the end- I actually love "feeling lucky" and "firefight." I don't LOVE "Dizzy" and feel like "Be Sensible" is a better closer, so on my version it is.

I bought the deluxe version of "Invented," yet my version is only 9 songs. I agree with you- their worst album since before Clarity.

It's incredible how varied people's opinions are on a band that is still almost universally praised on here.
02:31 PM on 04/22/13
pmc64
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can someone do a better job at doing a vinyl rip of that? It sounds pretty bad. Do a FLAC version too. The guy who made it turn table is old and runs too fast. Still better than the off screen version but i'm sure someone could do better.
02:46 PM on 04/22/13
fearthesloths
blown from the hinge
User Info.
While inconsistent (Get Lucky, Electable, Firefight) ... the rest of the album is on par with "Futures" in my opinion, and contains "Dizzy" (one of the best song they ever did), the could have shifted some stuff on CTL around to make it sound more "cohesive" (replace Electable with Be Sensible, replace Get Lucky with Open Bar Reception, change the sequencing) and that album is as good as Futures IMO.

Having heard this album ... it is not much like "Futures" at all. It's a more raw "Invented" ... honestly, I disagree with your other point too: I have no idea where either of these would fit on "Futures" without sticking out like a sore thumb.
This is exactly how i feel about CTL. The first 4 songs are some of JEW's best (especially Carry You) but then it drops off in the middle and comes back around. I always wished Be Sensible made the album because its far better than Electable and Feeling Lucky. Also i wish they had left Dizzy as the acoustic-based demo version that leaked before the record (I guess its also a bonus track on the deluxe according to my itunes) because I like that version far better.

So far i like the stuff off of Damages quite a bit, so i'm hoping the album shapes up well.
04:08 PM on 04/22/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
I fucking love this new song. It's way too catchy.

As for all of this talk of Chase This Light, I actually moderately enjoy Electable, but I could also do without it. Feeling Lucky and Firefight are the worst songs on the album. I don't understand the appeal some people find in Firefight. I also feel like if Chase This Light were the penultimate track to the album, the album would end so well.
04:41 PM on 04/22/13
RebelMusicXX
User Info.
I like it! Sounds like the old boyish Jimmy, unaware of the self.
06:57 PM on 04/22/13
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
User Info.
Should this really be available free for download? I d/l the cover though.. so good. and a great pick out of radiohead's material. I'll wait to buy the album to get the other song.
07:29 PM on 04/22/13
marsenea
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Both songs can now be streamed on the bands sound cloud page here
07:46 PM on 04/22/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:58 AM on 04/29/13
That Dude
That one dude, yeah him.
User Info.
I like this version of the song, I heard either a worse recording of Damage, or a unmastered copy of the song. The official is much better, it has a more full sound to it. I got into I Will Steal You Back really quickly, I didn't connect with Damage as much initially, but it's a grower and I'm liking it more with each listen.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums