AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 78
01:01 PM on 04/23/13
jllakers
User Info.
i am probably most excited to Issues, Fall Out Boy, and Glassjaw. Issues because I have been trying to see them for months and just haven't been able to. I really enjoy the RnB aspect they add to regular metalcore. My girlfriend has gotten me really into Fall Out Boy these past few months and this will be my first time seeing them so I am excited to see them. Glassjaw is a nice old posthardcore/hardcore band that I have gotten into recently because of the fact that both the lead singer and my sister have the same disease. However, I do have a load of other bands that I am excited to see.

The fact that Skate and Surf is actually bringing good music back in comparison to Bamboozle the last couple years is great too.
01:08 PM on 04/23/13
Flyrfn144
User Info.
I'm most excited to see Cartel because they've been a band I've listened to since 8th grade and I have yet to see them live. Chroma is one of my favorite albums and the new album, Collider, that just dropped is quite good and reminds me of Chroma a lot. They're just a band I've been listening to for a while and I'd love to finally get to see them live and rekindle some of those memories of being a kid discovering amazing bands.

I'm stoked to see the return of Skate and Surf because it brings together a great festival atmosphere while also promoting a lot of great bands and the idea of being able to have more live music at fan's fingertips. Having a festival like this, especially one that caters to a few different genres brings people together and lets fans of say, Macklemore, discover other artists they may not know, such as Hostage Calm, who ironically enough have songs about similar topics (gay marriage and equality). Not only this, but this gives a lot of bands that don't give the opportunity to play on festivals such as Warped to get their name out there in a way that Warped has always provided for smaller bands. Having a bill where you can have artists as big as ADTR and Fall Out Boy yet smaller artists like State Champs lets them get their names out there and broaden people's musical horizons.
01:13 PM on 04/23/13
deededtheman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Glassjaw never seen them before, always missed them every time they came around my area.
01:16 PM on 04/23/13
ylightflight
yung rug munch
User Info.
I'm very excited about the great Mod Sun. He puts on one of the best hip-hop shows and gets the crowd dancing every time. He's an inspiration with his message of positivity.
01:16 PM on 04/23/13
martyn2019
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm REALLY excited to see Fall Out Boy. They've been my fav band for the past forever (well from Infinity on High days). The first proper song I ever bought was Thnks Fr Th Mmrs, heard it on the radio and it converted me to actually liking more rock-based type groups. (Apart from the obvious American Idiot and everything which EVERYONE loved regardless). Lead me to purchasing Infinity on High, and from the recommended albums from that: The Black Parade. And the rest is history. I fear for what my music taste would be like if it wasn't for this band, blahblahthey'remylifeblahblahblahth ey'remyeverything <---- y'know how that goes. not gonna bore you with some tragic story to try and gain points there.
They've really helped shape me into who I am now.

I'd also love to see Frank Iero and James Dewees' new electronic hardcore project "Death Spells" as those two guys really put their hearts and souls into everything they do, and I've been abusing the play button on the demos they posted...way too much...so would be great to see how they put the songs together live. (been watching pretty much every live video of them, totally awesome visual setup too.)...........and well, I need something to help fill the MCR-sized gaping hole in my heart now! :( And Leathermouth, first show in over four years.....and I've never seen them. :(

Saves The Day would be amazing too as they never come to Ireland (I think the last UK dates clashed with exams or something so couldn't make the trip) and well, a home state show would be the PERFECT choice for your first SYD show. (mmm the lyrical genius Chris comes up with. why can't he write this post for me so i might stand a chance at winning??!?) Lights/Transit/ etc as well but I don't wanna name the whole lineup! so good.

I'm stoked that this festival is back in our lives as from looking at previous Skate+Surf lineups, and even more recently, Bamboozle, John D ALWAYS knows whats hot and what upcoming acts are on the edge of breaking out. Just look at the 2003 or 2004 S+S lineups for perfect example! So many great bands who later became huge. Skate+Surf gives us the chance to see a ton of great bands who might not be featured on tours such as Warped/etc, before they make it. And for these reasons, I'm thankful Skate+Surf is back in our lives.

This year is a perfect blend of the "old" (FALL OUT BOY HEADLINING!!! you don't get much better than that, GLASSJAW!!! RX BANDITS!!! ) plus the "new" - lots of smaller bands who may be huge in future. This year is only the beginning, and what a beginning it is!
01:17 PM on 04/23/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
Seeing Glassjaw and getting turned down for a marriage proposal by Lights in one weekend? Sounds like a fun time if I've ever heard of one.
01:18 PM on 04/23/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I'd be most excited to see Cartel actually. I was suppose to see them on an All Time Low tour, but my show was cancelled because of a hurricane. I love their new album (and everything they've done for that matter). It's cool for me that this festival is back because I was so young when it stopped that I never had a chance to go.
01:19 PM on 04/23/13
yade
User Info.
I haven't even heard of this festival until Fall Our Boy was added to it. So yes, of course I want to see Fall Out Boy. I'd also really like to see I Call Fives, Balance & Composure, Cartel, Bayside, Andrew W.K., Paradise Fears, Mod Sun, Seahaven, Breathe Carolina, and A Day To Remember. If I can fit at least those bands into 2 days. Plus this sounds like a pretty kickass end to my senior year. I think it would be worth the 8 hour drive.
01:26 PM on 04/23/13
punkflix13
User Info.
I am so stoked to see FOB! I haven't seen them since 2009, which is too long. They've been my favorite band since I was 13. They've gotten me through some tough times and I'm so excited that they're back!
01:35 PM on 04/23/13
taketotheriv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
y am i excited? cuz saves the day is the best band ever. why am i excited S+S is back? well, since i was at the 1st one, back when it was awesome, i cant wait to go again.
01:37 PM on 04/23/13
taketotheriv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
one of these posts someone said they couldnt go see STD cuz they came around during their 'school exams' ? pfff lamest excuse ever lol
01:43 PM on 04/23/13
jlinitz
Johnny B
User Info.
I am (like most people) most excited for Fall Out Boy. I've been a fan since my older sister burned me a copy of FUCT (I just recently got the vinyl which I'm also really excited about), but I never had the chance to see them live. I was following the Skate and Surf boards to see if there was a possibility that they would play, and couldn't believe it when POZ announced their return.

I am also really looking forward to seeing a ton of other acts like my favorites A Day To Remember, Bayside, Transit, Cartel. I also checked out a bunch of the smaller bands and really got into Mixtapes, Into It. Over It., and Major League.

It is also really cool to be able to see Macklemore while he is at the top of his game. I haven't listened to rap in a long time but my friend put me on to "The Heist" and it is just an all around amazing album, not to mention he is independent!

I have been going to Bamboozle for the past 3 years, and I am happy Skate and Surf is back so that John D has his creative freedom to do whatever he wants. Just look at this lineup!
01:50 PM on 04/23/13
anitakav
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Because when else in your life will you be able to pop some tags and dance, dance in the same weekend?
Most excited to see them and ADTR, OM&M, glassjaw, and issues.
01:51 PM on 04/23/13
rymxx
rymxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm definitely excited to see Timeflies and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis! I love these guys and I've been a long-time listener and fan. Plus, this will be my first time going to Skate and Surf Festival and I'm so happy that you guys brought it back for so many amazing artists to perform. I get to go with my friends who I haven't seen in a year, and they are also crazy about Timeflies and Macklemore. I just get to go and be surrounded by the people I love, the music I love, and not give a damn about the world outside. It's our time.
01:55 PM on 04/23/13
davidwalbrun
Registered Member
User Info.
A Day To Remember

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT