Password

Album Review

Perth Express - Discography Album Cover

Perth Express - Discography

Reviewed by
Perth Express - Discography
Record Label: TDB Records
Release Date: 2007
As with most good thrashy hardcore bands, you don’t come to realize they even exist until it’s too late. Gone before I knew thee is Perth Express, whose last show was held in their home town of Eisenberg, Germany on March 22nd, 2008. If, given the opportunity, I would have definitely followed this band through their career, but since that won’t be happening any time soon (reunion show 2015, maybe?), I’ll have to become acquainted with the catalogue they left behind.

Discography takes the brutality and passion Perth express’ed (get it?) through the years and lays it to rest in a beautiful maxi-disk package that features a lovely little fold out poster, along with lyrics to accompany it. The album carries 23 tracks from from 2004 to 2008 and, like with any band, you can hear them progress through the sound of their short life-span.

For instance, the vocal styling of “Less Than a Second” is something you’d expect coming from a band inspired by The Shape of Punk to Come – while the last track on the disk, ”Richtungsfolge, Folgerichtig” has Caring and Killing written all over it. That’s not to say the band was only influenced by Refused and Converge. Oh no! The band obviously has taken their favorite genre of music and toyed, mixed, and royally fucked with numerous different sounds and styles to come up with their own brand of hardcore.

Sadly, don’t expect to find this album on amazon.com or iTunes (at least for now). Instead you'll have to take the old-school route and head over to the band's label if you desire a copy. You won't be let down.

Recommended if You LikeConverge, Refused, thrashy hardcore

myspace.com/perthexpress
This review is a user submitted review from skinnypuppy. You can see all of skinnypuppy's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
12:00 AM on 04/30/08
Adrian Villagomez
My Little Runaway
User Info.
I find this review humorous. Good stuff.
01:10 AM on 05/01/08
TheBaroness
User Info.
great to see someone reviewing this, great job
04:47 AM on 02/07/12
Suckerpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This album KILLS!! Really awesome....
Great review :)
ps: I actually found this album on Amazon.com ;)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos