Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32
06:52 PM on 04/25/13
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
the king of king festivals right here, although this used to be a lot more boss back when the punk rock, rock scenes were on fire.

Saturday: Green Day, NFG, System of a Down, alkaline trio is a nice base for a SICK ASSSSS day.

the rest of the days im not interested
09:09 PM on 04/25/13
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So I guess this is what that RX Bandits post was alluding to?
10:40 PM on 04/25/13
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
The Saturday (or Friday in Reading) is looking really good - first time I've been interested in a while...

REALLY hoping RX Bandits do a London show as well!
11:11 PM on 04/25/13
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Wait... Do the guys at R+L's know something no one else does?
"Godfathers of emo, Brand New return to the Festivals for the first time since 2009 with a UK festival exclusive performance. With a new album in the works, they're bound to premiere new songs as well as their anthem, 'Sic Transit Gloria... Glory Fades'."
04:22 AM on 04/26/13
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Really, other than Brand New and Quicksand there's nothing there I want to see that I haven't already
04:41 AM on 04/26/13
tom_q
User Info.
Alkaline Trio and Green Day is the silliest clash I have ever seen and I have been every year since 2006.
05:12 AM on 04/26/13
sowrongitsjack
Framework
User Info.
Alkaline Trio and Green Day is the silliest clash I have ever seen and I have been every year since 2006.
they're not going to clash. the promoters have mentioned they will definitely not be clashing.
05:15 AM on 04/26/13
tom_q
User Info.
Well good news, usually there is a big overlap between lock up and main stage headliners.
05:31 AM on 04/26/13
Amongster
Take A Deep Breath
User Info.
Neato, Quicksand.
08:47 AM on 04/26/13
kp63
User Info.
Main stage line-up is very good indeed and Lock-Up isn't bad either but how come the Lock Up is Lock-Up slash Rock now?
The lock up stage has been extended across all 3 days so makes sense to widen it and have rock bands such as FFAF on the 3rd day. There's more bands for the lock up stage to be announced next week, gotta say the Saturday at Leeds looks killer! Alkaline Trio, Green Day, System Of A Down, Frank Turner, Deftones etc.. (:
09:34 AM on 04/26/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Splashh is easily one of the better bands on that list.
10:52 AM on 04/26/13
MarkJ801
User Info.
Remind yourself of the alphabet and then take a closer look at the order of the bands on that stage ;p
Oh haha didn't notice that. It's still weird that they're on the smallest stage.
11:09 AM on 04/26/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
Oh haha didn't notice that. It's still weird that they're on the smallest stage.
It's not so weird if you think about it. Out of the five stage, they could possibly fit into 3 of them( there's no way that they would play lock up or the dance stage). Now if they were on the main stage, they could only possibly open the stage, but are they even big enough for that? And this year it looks like that position has been reserved for up and coming British bands anyway. Looking at the line up of the NME stage, it doesn't look like they'll be very far up there either. City and Colour are way more popular, so they'd at least have to be below them. So, they'd either have the choice of a low down spot on the NME stage or a higher up spot on the festival republic stage.
11:12 AM on 04/26/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The lock up stage has been extended across all 3 days so makes sense to widen it and have rock bands such as FFAF on the 3rd day. There's more bands for the lock up stage to be announced next week, gotta say the Saturday at Leeds looks killer! Alkaline Trio, Green Day, System Of A Down, Frank Turner, Deftones etc.. (:
When did R+L stop being "rock" festivals? It's just a 3rd rock stage seems kind of redundant, but then again I guess NME is much less rocky this year.
01:48 PM on 04/26/13
kp63
User Info.
When did R+L stop being "rock" festivals? It's just a 3rd rock stage seems kind of redundant, but then again I guess NME is much less rocky this year.
I guess with the introduction of dance and urban stages and the NME being much less rocky they've created an extra rock stage. I'd sooner have another day of lockup "punk" acts but guess it comes down to £££ and ensuring mass appeal..

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos