Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36
11:19 AM on 04/26/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they look substantially worse. i'd be embarrassed to go out in public i dressed like a freak like that lol.
You're an asshole. They wear that on stage. They're not going to Walmart all dressed up.

How about KISS? Are they embarrassing freaks too?
11:55 AM on 04/26/13
AJMiller777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What a boring live band. I mean they're playing on point with the recorded material, but for the first 2:30 minutes they just stand there. Song is alright though, Shomo definitely made the ending.
12:00 PM on 04/26/13
Frankburnsred
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
at least they sounded good live. i'd much rather have a band sound good live, than have them dancing around and sounding like shit
12:37 PM on 04/26/13
SupMikecheck
The Official @SupMikecheck
User Info.
lol #FreeMonte i feel like Monte the guitarist has potential to be great in any other band but this one.
12:39 PM on 04/26/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
You know, it's not terrible. If you like radio friendly rock stuff.
01:14 PM on 04/26/13
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
best part was definitely the ending
02:13 PM on 04/26/13
sonicfury
User Info.
What did I just watch?! That was hideous.
02:56 PM on 04/26/13
Chuck!
In Chip We Trust
User Info.
We're not allowed to make fun of how Escape the Fate and other losers dress anymore? Got it.
04:11 PM on 04/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Doesn't seem to bad, but I'll reserve final judgement until I hear the studio version.
04:11 PM on 04/26/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
they look substantially worse. i'd be embarrassed to go out in public i dressed like a freak like that lol.

substantially worse than this?

ok then.
06:37 PM on 04/26/13
RocksLikeToast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not going to lie...pleasantly surprised... they sounded really good for live as well... i'm hoping the studio version isn't ruined by auto-tune and horrible production though

I accepted ETF as a guilty pleasure band back when Ronnie was in it... and enjoyed the occasional song off of some of the Craig albums... their last album was horrible though this ones shaping up to have a few decent ones though
09:44 PM on 04/26/13
CastlesXClouds
Relax
User Info.
They're all quite talented at their respective instruments, and it makes for a strong live performance, but their songwriting is just atrocious. Awful song.

EDIT: No hate for Caleb Shomo though, he's a talented young fellow.
still blows my mind how much weight the dude lost
11:48 PM on 04/26/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
This band writes rock n roll songs in 2013. That's what you guys don't like about it. These guys are timeless. Also, This War Is Ours was damn near perfect.

And my favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack.
08:31 AM on 04/27/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
This band writes rock n roll songs in 2013. That's what you guys don't like about it. These guys are timeless. Also, This War Is Ours was damn near perfect.

And my favorite band is Motion City Soundtrack.

This is Rock and Roll to you? Go listen to the Gaslight Anthem dude, this shit is NOT rock and roll. This is an aging scenecore band that's trying to break into a more mainstream market because they know that three years, they're gonna be too old for any of their fifteen year old fans to give a shit about them. Hence their more marketable sound.

And please don't use "timeless" to describe these guys. The Beatles are timeless, Queen is timeless, Jeff Buckley is timeless... Escape the Fate has done nothing to contribute to or further their genre (thank god) and are still trying to get by on a sound that was big in 2004. I fail to see what lasting impact they've made that will brand them as "timeless."
03:17 PM on 04/27/13
AJMiller777
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
at least they sounded good live. i'd much rather have a band sound good live, than have them dancing around and sounding like shit
I agree with that. Though, I feel like the main requirement to be an actual good live band is being able to sound good and get the crowd into it. Zero to little crowd interaction just doesn't cut it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos