02:00 PM on 04/28/13
xlife2lifelessx
Whalestep?
User Info.
Love caleb's part in this, I had no idea he could kill it on vocals like that
08:48 PM on 04/28/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
This is Rock and Roll to you? Go listen to the Gaslight Anthem dude, this shit is NOT rock and roll. This is an aging scenecore band that's trying to break into a more mainstream market because they know that three years, they're gonna be too old for any of their fifteen year old fans to give a shit about them. Hence their more marketable sound.

And please don't use "timeless" to describe these guys. The Beatles are timeless, Queen is timeless, Jeff Buckley is timeless... Escape the Fate has done nothing to contribute to or further their genre (thank god) and are still trying to get by on a sound that was big in 2004. I fail to see what lasting impact they've made that will brand them as "timeless."

Well, I like Gaslight Anthem... A lot. And have for a long time.

But telling someone what rock'n'roll is and is not, is probably the most un-rock'n'roll thing you could do. ETF is timeless because the songs they wrote almost 10 years ago could come out right now and have the same impact on people that like them.

Don't tell me what words I can use to describe bands I like. Especially when your username has the word "Parkway" in it, virgin.
10:35 AM on 04/29/13
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.

But telling someone what rock'n'roll is and is not, is probably the most un-rock'n'roll thing you could do. ETF is timeless because the songs they wrote almost 10 years ago could come out right now and have the same impact on people that like them.

Don't tell me what words I can use to describe bands I like. Especially when your username has the word "Parkway" in it, virgin.

Gotta be trolling.

You're 21 and still listen to this kind of music? Come on now.
11:08 AM on 04/29/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.

I feel like you don't understand the difference between "timeless" and "unoriginal."

So do you mean that their music would have the same impact on 16 year old kids now as it has on 16 year old kids then? Or do you mean that small minded people (I'll use you as an example) would still consider the music that ETF wrote ten years ago good? OR do you mean that the music they're releasing now is exactly the same awfulness that they were releasing ten years ago? I guess I agree with you on all three ends...

I feel totally comfortable in telling you that you can't describe Escape the Fate as a Rock band. Just because you like them doesn't mean you can re-define their genre. And I guess you think my username is a P Drive reference? It's not. Nice try though.
12:38 PM on 04/29/13
EastCoastKid20
User Info.
I feel like you don't understand the difference between "timeless" and "unoriginal."

So do you mean that their music would have the same impact on 16 year old kids now as it has on 16 year old kids then? Or do you mean that small minded people (I'll use you as an example) would still consider the music that ETF wrote ten years ago good? OR do you mean that the music they're releasing now is exactly the same awfulness that they were releasing ten years ago? I guess I agree with you on all three ends...

I feel totally comfortable in telling you that you can't describe Escape the Fate as a Rock band. Just because you like them doesn't mean you can re-define their genre. And I guess you think my username is a P Drive reference? It's not. Nice try though.

You are way to offended that I like this band. Haha. Wipe off your Dorito hands, put down your mountain dew. And drive your prelude off a cliff you illiterate fuck.
12:44 PM on 04/29/13
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
User Info.
You are way to offended that I like this band. Haha. Wipe off your Dorito hands, put down your mountain dew. And drive your prelude off a cliff you illiterate fuck.

Good one.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version