Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
06:44 PM on 04/26/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
Craig, you absolutely nailed this. Chris your write up was great, but wow Craig...had to stop reading every once in a while just to grab a few quotes:

"Born to Run may have nailed the redemptive escapism of youth, but this is a record for the moment before that escapism feels necessary; it’s for that time in your life when nothing sounds better than bumming around with your friends on the same old beachside streets you grew up on, or courting that girl from high school who you missed your chance with the first time around."

"We’ve all heard the tales of all the overdubs that went into “Born to Run,” or of how Clarence would work meticulously on the “Jungleland” solo for hours on end—sometimes straight through the night. But on songs like “"The E Street Shuffle” or “Kitty’s Back,” it sounds like the band could be improvising their parts right on the other side of the stereo. And if “Born to Run” is Springsteen’s most potent anthem, then “Rosalita” is his most spontaneous, a rock ‘n’ roll rave-up that builds to a loose and irresistible climax section."

"But albums like this one, they endure. They’re comfortable reminders of where we came from and of what life can look like on those summer evenings when you’re young and in love and you’ve got the whole night ahead of you and it feels like anything could happen. And albums like that, they keep you young, no matter where you go in life."

You need to rework yesterday's piece and this into an essay and submit it to a Springsteen symposium.
08:01 AM on 04/27/13
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.

Yeah, the acoustic at the start of that song sounds amazing. One of the most gorgeous moments in Bruce's catalog.

Springsteen symposium? Do those exist?! I'd be game.

But thanks dude, I really, really enjoyed writing this one. Probably my favorite thing I've done for this site thus far. Wish more people had seen it.
Yeah they come around every once in a while. There was one at my school in November.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests