05:19 AM on 04/27/13
Comedy Round-Up Contributors: Cody Nelson, deadkidsean, deanster321, ImTheSheriff, itsmesean0630, PepsiOne, phaynes1 and Star Slight
1. Tracy Morgan, coming off of some recent unpleasant shows in Australia, has announced a UK comedy tour.
2. Gallagher happened again last week.
3. Continuing Feral Audio's subtle takeover of the podcasting world, The Todd Barry Podcast premiered last week.
4. Laughspin covered the Bridgetown Comedy Festival, and are now doing the same coverage at the Moontower Comedy Festival.
5. Heavily decorated Irish stand-up Dylan Moran recently announced his first North American headlining tour.
6. Pete Holmes' second album Nice Try, The Devil will be dropping next month.
7. Starting on the 29th, Comedy Central will host a comedy festival almost entirely hosted on Twitter and Vine.
8. For those of you who missed Al Madrigal's wonderful special Why Is the Rabbit Crying? last night, the extended and uncensored CD/DVD will be released next Tuesday, the 30th.
1. The fantastic 21 Jump Street has finally got a sequel release date, and confirmation of the directors and Ice Cube's return.
2. Though anything could happen, it seems that Futurama has finally reached the end of its run.
3. The BBC is under fire due to a Comic Relief sketch in which Rowan Atkinson (Blackadder, Mr. Bean) claims that "praying 'doesn't work.'"
4. UK comic Russell Howard is in the early stages of writing a film about 'a man who falls in love with his family again.'
5. Steve Coogan recently tweeted confirming a second series of his fantastic series The Trip. Italy?
6. SNL is really ending Season 38 with a bang.
7. Nathan For You and The Jeselnik Offensive were both renewed for second seasons. What that means?
8. Speaking of Nathan Fielder, dude has been on fire on Twitter lately.
9. Watch a full episode of Maron here. It's better than I expected, but it's still pretty bad. UHOH PERSONAL OPINION.
10. YouTube has recently announced the upcoming launch of their first 'Comedy Week.'
11. Yahoo! has acquired rights to the entire 38-year history of Saturday Night Live. But come September, Netflix will still have all their existing SNL content, so really, who cares?
12. Another week, another handful of Arrested Development developments (fucking crushed it).
13. I love David Koechner as much as the next guy, but I gotta say, DO NOT WANT.
14. Jason Segel has released some details about his upcoming series of YA novels.
15. Seems like the Wayne's World reunion went fairly well.
16. This is a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em.
17. MTV has renewed the wonderful chat show Nikki & Sara LIVE for a second season.
18. A cult hit that never quite flourished, Don't Trust the B---- In Apt. 23 star Krysten Ritter announced that all 8 unaired episodes of the fantastic too-quickly canceled show will pop up on ABC.com next month.
19. It's like the people behind Mulaney can't be paid enough to stop making this show better.
20. Attention West Coasters! The Belchers are making their way to some big cities on your side of the country.
1. Eric Wareheim (Splitsider)
2. Jen Kirkman (Splitsider)
3. Michael Che (Splitsider)
4. Al Madrigal (Splitsider)
5. Tony Hale (Splitsider)
6. Jamie Lee (Laughspin)
7. Erica Oyama, creator of Burning Love (Splitsider)
8. Vernon Chatman (The Laugh Button)
Next Week's Late-Night Guests
Carson Daly: Ben Hoffman (F)
Chelsea Lately: Mary Lynn Rajskub (W), Ryan Stout (Th)
Conan: Amy Schumer (M), Bo Burnham (W), Julia Louis-Dreyfus & Bob Saget (Th)
Colbert/Stewart: Jon Hamm (Stewart, M), Robert Downey Jr. (Stewart, T)
Fallon: Rebel Wilson (M), Marc Maron (T), Kal Penn (W), Zach Galifianakis (Th)
Ferguson: Michael Ian Black (W), Simon Amstell (F)
Leno: Dov Davidoff (T), Eli Roth (W), Kevin Smith (F)
Letterman: Chris O'Dowd (T), Nathan Lane (F)
1. Where are all the right-wing stand-ups?
2. Because somehow this hasn't happened yet, Rob Delaney has reviewed this week's singles for The Guardian.
3. The Lost SNL Cast Members Pt. 1: 1975-1995
4. The Lost SNL Cast Members Pt. 2: 1995-Present
5. Do you guys remember the TV show Buzzkill? Yeah, me neither. But The Awl wrote a truly great piece about how it sort of just disappeared.
6. John Mulaney's Pilot Taping Was Great
7. Ranking Amazon's Comedy Pilots
8. Improv Course Catalog
9. Divorce is Hilarious...Sometimes
10. Amy Schumer, Funny Girl
1. Stand-Up Bit of the Week: James Adomian - "Game of Thrones"
2. Video of the Week: "Brazzaville Teen-Ager"
3. Peter Serafinowicz & Robert Popper - "Building A Human"
4. College Humor - "Batman Vs. The Penguin ft. Patton Oswalt"
5. JASH - "The ArScheerio Paul Show"
6. Comedy Central - "Steve & Brandon Think They Sold A Show"
7. Smart Girls - "Boys Minute Ep. 15 with Jason Mantzoukas - Making Coffee"
8. Funny or Die - " Michael Shannon Reads the Crazy Sorority Girl Letter"
9. High Maintenance - "Hannibal Buress"
10. Speakeasy - "Jake Johnson (New Girl)"
Professor Blastoff #100 - Atoms w/ Christina Ochoa ( FULL VIDEO!)
Comedy Bang! Bang! #215 - Time Bobby 2 w/ Bobby Moynihan & Andrew Lloyd Webber
improv4humans #78 - The A Crew w/ Sean Clement, Neil Campbell & Dominic Dierkes
Nerdist #348 - Scott Adsit
Cashing In with T.J. Miller #58 - Roadhouse Original
Harmontown #54 - Go, Marbles, Go! w/ Duncan Trussell
The Bugle #232 - Mars, Merchandise and Mad Men!
@crushingbort - £10 million is a lot for Margaret Thatcher's funeral but on the other hand the Black Eyed Peas usually charge way more
@fred_delicious - *James Bond kills 6 bad guys with a dildo* "IM AN HORNEY SEX MAN" *backflips nude onto a heart shaped bed* "AND I WANT.TO FUCK"
@fred_delicious - Bruce Willis is being chased by a pug & he hides in a wardrobe. It's pitch black. he lights a match. he is nose to nose with the pug
@jordan_morris - I have a friend that's like a jazz aficionado but for strip clubs. He tells me to pay attention to the clothes she's NOT wearing.
@moshekasher - When I was 19 the only thing I cared about blowing up was the pussy.
@nathey - hey baby are you a selenium xenon yttrium arsenic sulfur compound? because you have a SeXeY AsS xxx also youre a lethal chemical compound
@peteholmes - "Nowadays, it's about being a papa more than being Papa Roach." - the lead singer of Papa Roach, holding a bag of flour he thinks is his son
@dammitbabies - you can lead a horse to water but if you want your horse to go hard, sport stronger, and crush the competition, lead your horse to Gatorade™
@stchristophr - girl got a face like a butt & a crotch like a face..oh wait girl just doin a handstand damn girl u got me
@wankcity - what would u do if your son was at home cryin all alone n chewin on a bone cuz hes a dog
@brendlewhat - Yeah, I say "One Country, Under ANIME" during the pledge. So what? At least anime is real. Real good, that is. I'm 13 and Satan is cool.
It's not news at this point that we utilize Splitsider more than any other site when it comes to accruing these round-ups (I mean, seriously, look at our interview section this week). It's inarguably the best comedy site on the web, and worth bookmarking without a doubt. In recent months, they've been starting to dabble in the world of original content, and I figured it's about time I give them the recognition they've deserved since these round-ups started. They've started a Podcast network, and as of last week, they've released their first original feature-length film via their new digital distribution label. Splitsider Presents , written by the Olde English sketch comedy troupe, is part documentary and part ridiculous zombie comedy. The movie was written by five of the OE members with the caveat that each writer could only see the five pages directly preceding what they were about to pen. The result is a consistently hilarious and oft-poignant film that's available for the seriously low price of 5 dollars. I had the chance to check it out in the days leading up to its release, and I have nothing but great things to say. You can purchase it at either of the links above. The Exquisite Corpse Project
Sources: splitsider.com, twitter.com, thebuglepodcast.com, vimeo.com, youtube.com, earwolf.com, nerdist.com, harmontown.com, funnyordie.com, collegehumor.com, comedycentral.com, nytimes.com, theawl.com, guardian.co.uk, newstatesman.com, interbridge.com, thelaughbutton.com, laughspin.com, facebook.com, hollywoodreporter.com, whosay.com, deadline.com, latimes.com, insidetv.ew.com, comedy.co.uk, wired.com, amazon.com, feralaudio.com, chortle.co.uk
As always, if you have any news to submit or just want to know more about the world of comedy, PM me or go to the Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread. We're knowledgable, friendly, and the best.
06:01 AM on 04/27/13
Wait, what? I thought people were expecting Maron to be good?
06:01 AM on 04/27/13
Every cloud is in your way
1) Gallagher in insane.
2) Excited for the 21 Jump Street sequel.
3) Absolutely CAN NOT wait for those last three episodes of SNL. Affleck is a great host.
4) Nathan for You getting renewed was the best news I got all day yesterday.
5) I truly believe Maron is going to grow into a show that people like. Just needs time.
6) A week full of AD news/clips/pictures has been great. Can't believe this is really happening.
06:02 AM on 04/27/13
Every cloud is in your way
I enjoyed the episode I saw. There's just some poor acting from Marc, and it wasn't really laugh-out-loud funny. However, I really enjoyed the format of the episode and I'm pretty excited for it to grow.
06:10 AM on 04/27/13
I love Building A Human so much. I don't care how starved of further Serafinowicz/Popper collaborations I feel otherwise if they're that good when they do happen.
07:01 AM on 04/27/13
Nicki and Sarah seemed really good judging from that Ashley Tisdale interview, good for them, would watch.
I can't get any more excited for the Mulaney show after knowing that a former Seinfeld writer is involved when I saw the pic of the script cover.
07:36 AM on 04/27/13
Another week, another great round up.
21 Jump Street 2, AD getting closer and closer, Jeselnik and Nathan renewed... all is good.
08:56 AM on 04/27/13
Fucking Gallagher, man.
Loved Nathan's experiments and Rob's feature was great as always.
09:56 AM on 04/27/13
sometimes it hurts instead
I hope the Bob's Burgers tour comes to New York eventually, sure it will
10:03 AM on 04/27/13
The Lost SNL cast feature is very interesting. Taking everything into consideration I find it almost bizarre that Gallagher isn't a parody of a comedian or something.
10:05 AM on 04/27/13
Thanks, love this new feature. I probably spend more time on this round-up than any other thread/article on this site.
10:10 AM on 04/27/13
So this one's a bit jumbo-sized. I decided to forego it last week due to Record Store Day.
10:37 AM on 04/27/13
Also, I know recommendations of every type come flying at you people all the time, but if you get the time and have the 5 bucks, REALLY try and check out
The Exquisite Corpse Project. It's so good.
10:43 AM on 04/27/13
Loved Maron, really hope the show does well.
Buy The Music