Username
Password
Recommended News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Recommended
Inside AP.net

Staff Recommendations (April 28, 2013)

Posted by: Kyle Huntington (04/28/13)
You know I dreamed about you for 29 years before I saw you.
Kyle HuntingtonI've been listening to the Dear and the Headlights' records all over again and realising how their debut, Small Steps Heavy Hooves, is one of my favourite albums ever. Also, endless amounts of The National in the run up to the release of Trouble Will Find Me.
Alex DiVincenzoAndrew W.K., Anthrax and the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival.
Jake DenningI love the new Michael Buble album, To Be Loved. Check it out on iTunes here.
Jake JenkinsBeen on a cloud rap kick lately, listening to a lot of Main Attrakionz and The Shady Bambino Project.
Chris CollumThe National performing on "Jimmy Fallon." Also my favorite album of theirs.
Kelly DohertyMcCafferty's I Hate This Body is the best thing ever and is probably the only thing I'll ever listen to again. If you like The Front Bottoms, Blink 182 or being an awkward young person these guys are perfect. And the aforementioned release is name your price on their Bandcamp.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
05:46 AM on 04/28/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.

06:08 AM on 04/28/13
tiny vessels
User Info.
Oh how I miss Dear & The Headlights. I only got to see them live once in 2007 when they opened up for Circa Survive, I wish their singer would do something else with that terrific voice.
06:15 AM on 04/28/13
JTHomeslice
Your girl's favorite pizza boy
User Info.

06:24 AM on 04/28/13
xdifference88x
Freedom's Not Alone Anymore
User Info.
you're right! dear and the headlights do rule. how did you know?
06:34 AM on 04/28/13
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I love you Kyle for loving that band.
06:35 AM on 04/28/13
Jerold Sunga
User Info.
Support the Dear and the Headlights recommendation a ton and this:

06:36 AM on 04/28/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Oh how I miss Dear & The Headlights. I only got to see them live once in 2007 when they opened up for Circa Survive, I wish their singer would do something else with that terrific voice.
That's awesome, I never got to see them live here in the UK which I'm super bummed about. Even Ian doing an acoustic show would be enough for me now. They are one of those bands that I genuinely found just on a MySpace browse back in the day and all they had on their page was demos of "Run In The Front" and "Sweet Talk". Followed them ever since and needless to say hated the day they threw in the towel.
06:44 AM on 04/28/13
mycuban
hermits.bandcamp.com
User Info.
That's awesome, I never got to see them live here in the UK which I'm super bummed about. Even Ian doing an acoustic show would be enough for me now. They are one of those bands that I genuinely found just on a MySpace browse back in the day and all they had on their page was demos of "Run In The Front" and "Sweet Talk". Followed them ever since and needless to say hated the day they threw in the towel.
I also found them on myspace early on, I'll forever hold out hope for a 3rd full length though. I luckily got to seem them three times, they were a great live band.
06:45 AM on 04/28/13
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
User Info.
All Get Out - The Season
Boysetsfire - The Misery Index: Notes From The Plague Years
The Soviet - Wherewithal
The Neighbourhood - I Love You
Strawberry Girls - French Ghetto

I've also been playing a lot Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Killing Floor.
07:00 AM on 04/28/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
I also found them on myspace early on, I'll forever hold out hope for a 3rd full length though. I luckily got to seem them three times, they were a great live band.
That's really awesome, very jealous of the fact you got to see them a few times. Yeah I would love that if it meant they got to come over here at some point too. Got a huge attachment to their debut emotionally so would love to see some of those songs performed live. Like I said, even an Ian solo show would do it for me. Just hearing the lyrics live is something I need.
07:11 AM on 04/28/13
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
The Neighbourhood - I Love You.

Elektrik People
07:32 AM on 04/28/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
new Frank Turner is awesome of course, and I've been digging Restorations' LP 2 and Queens of the Stone Age's Song for the Deaf.

Also, Hannibal seems to be a great show, and Vikings appears to be all right, despite that incomprehensible mess they did with the character's languages.
07:46 AM on 04/28/13
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.

I miss Girls so fucking much like I really can't even deal with it all three of their releases are just completely perfect in every way and I just love them and their music and hfdagl;djsdh;aflj
07:55 AM on 04/28/13
texan4lif281
User Info.
Saw the Lumineers Thursday and The Gaslight Anthem Friday, both for the first time and both great shows.

Listening to Wu Tang, Notorious BIG, and a Tribe Called Quest mostly this week.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests