Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

The Countdown: Top 5 Most Anticipated May Releases

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/29/13)
With May on its way this week, it's time for me to list my five most anticipated records releasing this month. It's time to pack up the parkas and bring out the tanks and shorts as it's finally the season to roll down the windows and blast your favorite tunes as loudly as possible. Join in the discussion in the replies with the albums you're most anticipating in the month of May.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 80
04:21 AM on 04/29/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
5) Man Overboard - Heart Attack (May 28)
NoteA complete bounce back from 2011's disappointing self-titled effort, Heart Attack features the band at its most aggressive. Songs like "White Lies" and "Open Season" are just the tip of the iceberg of what to expect, as "S.A.D." and "How To Hide Your Feelings" feel incorporate that Real Talk vibe, while "Wide Awake" feels like the sequel to "Sidekick." If you gave up on the band after its last release, Heart Attack is poised to win you back.

4) Eisley - Currents (May 28)
NoteThe follow-up to the family band's darkly beautiful 2012 EP, Deep Space, Currents has the DuPree clan diving deeper into the world of ethereal sound. Just listening to the two new songs the band has released is enough to inform you that Eisley has once again expanded its musical palette. Expect wonderful things.

3) The Front Bottoms - Talon of the Hawk (May 21)
NoteThe New Jersey duo is undoubtedly prepared to break out in 2013 with Talon of the Hawk - the undeniably catchy and poignant follow-up to 2010's self-titled release. "I Swear To God The Devil Made Me Do It" is a highlight while the feverish "Santa Monica" will be a fan favorite. Everything you loved about The Front Bottoms is cranked up to 11 on Talon of the Hawk.

2) The Wonder Years - The Greatest Generation (May 14)
NoteArguably the most anticipated album of the year from the majority of this site's readers, The Wonder Years' fourth studio album is a bonafide game changer for the pop-punk genre. What you might have felt about previous releases will be increased tenfold with The Greatest Generation, as it contains the 13 best Wonder Years' songs to date. "The Devil In My Bloodstream" is emotionally draining, "Chaser" and "A Raindance In Traffic" are absolutely massive, and the final track, "I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral," is just....I don't want to spoil anything about it, but it's a song that showcases why The Wonder Years is the class of the genre.

1) The National - Trouble Will Find Me (May 21)
NoteI mean, what more is there to say about Cincinnati-turned-Brooklyn based quintet? We've already been wowed by "Demons" and floored by "Don't Swallow The Cap" (a contender for top 5 greatest National track of all time), while the two new songs played last week on Fallon ("Sea Of Love" and "I Need My Girl") only fanned the flames of desire I have for this album. Front man Matt Berninger's lyrics and vocals have never sounded better, and the two sets of brothers (the brothers Dessner and Devendorf) continue to find unique ways to construct and compose its brand of intelligent indie rock. Will this be my favorite album of 2013? I don't want to make any promises, but probably.
04:57 AM on 04/29/13
gingerkiddd
mtn doo
User Info.
There will be at least 3 good days in May. This post brightened my morning, thank you!
05:23 AM on 04/29/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I would trade Vampire Weekend in for Man Overboard, (But then again I'm at a disadvantage on this site when it comes to pop-punk.) I'd also throw NK, and Crystal Fighters in spot 6 and 7 because they are the only other albums I wrote down that come out in may lol. June is looking much better IMO
05:56 AM on 04/29/13
Jerold Sunga
User Info.
My most anticipated would of course be Daft Punk.
06:14 AM on 04/29/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
Savages - Silence Yourself
Laura Marling - Once I Was An Eagle
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Chapel Club - Good Together
06:44 AM on 04/29/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
30 Seconds To Mars
Daft Punk
The National
Man Overboard
NK
The Wonder Years

Great month ahead!
06:49 AM on 04/29/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
Isn't Bad Rabbits coming out in May?
06:59 AM on 04/29/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Joshua Radin
The National
30 Seconds to Mars
The Wonder Years
07:05 AM on 04/29/13
NickCento
User Info.
So excited for new front bottoms.
07:07 AM on 04/29/13
TroNiC
User Info.
The Wonder Years
City & Colour
Daft Punk
Vampire Weekend
The National
07:16 AM on 04/29/13
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
most anticipated is The Front Bottoms, without a doubt.
07:25 AM on 04/29/13
markyconnolly
User Info.
Yo so many people are writing about how that last wonder years song is great and no one wants to spoil it I'm so fucking excited to see what it's all about
07:31 AM on 04/29/13
Rutter207
User Info.
I don't think I've been as excited about a release as I am for the new front bottoms.

Also the wonder years and bad rabbits. May will definitely be good.
07:32 AM on 04/29/13
atlastitsok
User Info.
Laura Marling
Have Mercy
The Front Bottoms
Vampire Weekend
The National

City & Colour, Jimmy Eat World, and Sigur Ros for June as well - so much good music coming out..
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests