AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:11 AM on 04/29/13
Takuto
User Info.
I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hatred for this change. People bitching about the location itself: it's a 12 mile difference. Unless you're walking that distance, I think you'll be ok. People bitching about the line-up: that hasn't changed, so why the sudden (increased) whininess about it? I can't say I'm too thrilled about some of the acts, but that's life. If you expect to like every band on any fest, you're going to have a bad time. I just don't get why everyone is flipping their lid about this.

Have you ever been to a 6 Flags concert? It's literally targeted to 12-14 year olds. I know this is still SnS but it's in 6 Flags which means there will be no moshing, crowd surfing, etc. People who think SnS will be the exception are delusional (they didn't even allow it for FestEvil). 6 Flags is not going to give up their policy for one event. I'm glad they're giving refunds because I lost interest a month ago and now I can study for my finals. Considering how small the 6 Flags venue is, ticket sales must have been horrible. RIP to Skate and Surf.
12:06 PM on 04/29/13
Takuto
User Info.
The fact that it's not within the grounds of the park makes me think they're not using Six Flags security and those rules won't apply. Could be wrong, but I get the feeling.
I hoping it is for everyone else who is still going. I got my money back so I'm satisfied.
12:50 PM on 04/29/13
Takuto
User Info.
Moshing is stupid. Crowd surfing is stupid. Whether it is there or not has no bearing to me personally. The line-up hasn't changed, so how is it being marketed any different? Seriously, aside from the actual physical location, it's the same damn thing.
You're pretty much saying the festival is better off being a seated show. Plus it's pretty much a censored concert since 6 Flags doesn't allow cursing. Overall I'm happy they're changing the location/venue because it means I can get a refund since I lost interest months ago.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS