Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
09:41 AM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
I really don't understand the overwhelming amount of hatred for this change. People bitching about the location itself: it's a 12 mile difference. Unless you're walking that distance, I think you'll be ok. People bitching about the line-up: that hasn't changed, so why the sudden (increased) whininess about it? I can't say I'm too thrilled about some of the acts, but that's life. If you expect to like every band on any fest, you're going to have a bad time. I just don't get why everyone is flipping their lid about this.
Well, I'm assuming people are pissed since they got hotels in the Freehold area and signed up for the shuttle service. Now they have to drive to Six Flags and take that shuttle instead of walking outside and getting it outside their hotel. For me driving, it's another 30 minutes. Where I live, instead of 45 minutes, it's now an hour 15 possibly 30 depending on traffic.
10:22 AM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I certainly understand not being happy about having to go further, but a lot of people on the S&S Facebook are acting like someone shot their dog. So little of importance is being changed that I really wonder what in the hell some of these people were expecting in the first place.
Well it is kind of unheard of to change a festival 3 weeks before it's happening. I try to stay positive but the SnS Facebook page is killing me slowly. I just saw that if you have will call tickets (I'm assuming everyone does since that was the only option on the weekend passes), you'd have to drive to Freehold on the Thursday or Friday before the event and pick them up. That is incredibly stupid to do that. I hope it's changed to 6 flags the day of.
11:35 AM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
This is my one big issue with the change. Not looking forward to an extra trip just to pick up my tickets before the festival.
I hope John changes that. Maybe set up a table outside of the festival area for day of pick up? Even if we have to go to Freehold, make it the day of.
01:07 PM on 04/29/13
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
So this is because tickets were selling or because they WERE NOT selling? Having it at Six Flags seems like a step back, no?
I gotta go with selling. If they weren't selling, what was Freehold's problem? They're being very vague on the sudden change of venues. Their cover photo has the phrase, "By Popular Demand". Who demanded this? Also I'm glad we can pick up tickets the day of now. It's also strange how they're not doing it in the North Star Arena area where they hold most concerts.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos