AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Sports News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 61.
10:28 AM on 04/29/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
It should be noted how classy it was of him to come out after the season.If he came out during the season, it would have caused a media distraction for the Wizards. He chose to come out after the season as a free-agent. It is possible that no team will want to sign a 34 year old center with a distraction like that, so he basically potentially sacrificed his career to come out. Good luck Jason, hopefully this wont be news anymore
11:03 AM on 04/29/13
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Hopefully he can pave the way for more active athletes to find the strength to come out. I'm waiting for an active NHL player to do so just to see the reaction from everyone else, especially with all of the recent announcements they've made.
11:10 AM on 04/29/13
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
It should be noted how classy it was of him to come out after the season.If he came out during the season, it would have caused a media distraction for the Wizards. He chose to come out after the season as a free-agent. It is possible that no team will want to sign a 34 year old center with a distraction like that, so he basically potentially sacrificed his career to come out. Good luck Jason, hopefully this wont be news anymore
It is more likely that no team is going to want to sign a 34 year old center who is bad at basketball as well though. There were times he was serviceable years ago, but now with the way the CBA is set up you can get younger guys on cheaper contracts to do what he does. It will be an awesome story if a team does sign him and he truly does become the first openly gay active athlete though.
11:16 AM on 04/29/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
I'm just really glad he came out on his own and wasn't outed

Also

Just HOURS after NBA player Jason Collins announced he's gay, 26-year-old Mike Wallace of the Miami Dolphins took right to Twitter to provide the first ignorant comment.

“All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH…”

11:16 AM on 04/29/13
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
11:25 AM on 04/29/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.

Also

Just HOURS after NBA player Jason Collins announced he's gay, 26-year-old Mike Wallace of the Miami Dolphins took right to Twitter to provide the first ignorant comment.

“All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH…”

and then he followed it up saying he just doesn't "understand" it. Mike Wallace has outed himself as someone who can't use google, apparently.
11:26 AM on 04/29/13
abbreviation
Put me in Coach!
User Info.
Good for him, great read.
11:27 AM on 04/29/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
What about about Chris Kluwe? Wasn't he the first? But anyways, HELLLLLLL YEAH! I don't even know the guy, but I'm so excited for him to live the life that he wants. The only thing I worry for him is the amount of hate he's going to get from NBA fans.. NBA fans doesn't seem like the most accepting, but who knows?
11:27 AM on 04/29/13
Upstart
User Info.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-...b_3177689.html

Not about this specifically, but another great pro-equality article from Chris Kluwe (punter for the Minnesota Vikings---for now) is out today.
I read that as Kluwe was out today and was really surprised, haha. Good read from him too, though.
11:30 AM on 04/29/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
What about about Chris Kluwe? Wasn't he the first? But anyways, HELLLLLLL YEAH! I don't even know the guy, but I'm so excited for him to live the life that he wants. The only thing I worry for him is the amount of hate he's going to get from NBA fans.. NBA fans doesn't seem like the most accepting, but who knows?

Chris isn't gay he's just an advocate
11:32 AM on 04/29/13
ecartman(>< )
Denim
User Info.
Hopefully a team will sign him after this.
11:40 AM on 04/29/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Chris isn't gay he's just an advocate
ah, okay... even better.
11:47 AM on 04/29/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.

Also

That GIF sums up my opinion about that tweet perfectly.
11:56 AM on 04/29/13
.dot
behance.net/jordanhaenlein
User Info.
Wow, I'm pretty shocked. Had no idea Jason Collins was in the league anymore, haha.
12:14 PM on 04/29/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
and then he followed it up saying he just doesn't "understand" it. Mike Wallace has outed himself as someone who can't use google, apparently.
WHY POST IT IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?!

I cunt....
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News