roisterboy
roisterboy
User Info.
I thought it was "don't die on me."
10:44 PM on 07/14/08
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
Another point of interest. This is actually a reincarnation of the band Stutterfly after their lead singer left, the rest of the guys hired a new singer and became Secret & Whisper.
03:31 PM on 08/04/08
hydraulicheart
The world is yours, so take it.
User Info.
Charles has a stellar voice, and after months of touring, he never fails to perform these songs flawlessly. Don't ever hesitate to see this band live. Not to mention they are easily some of the nicest, lighthearted guys I've met.
06:51 PM on 09/06/08
The Affliction
transient jet lag ecto mimed bison
User Info.
I think current Saosin's guitar, vocals and drums blend together more easily than this band's.
Compare "Finding Home" to "XOXOXO."

Stop arguing over the lyrics, someone posted what the insert reads.

Good review, I would similarly set the stage for a measured but appreciative appraisal of this band.

Measured because they are indeed a little lackluster, but appreciative because they at least have a little more musical wherewithal than a lot of the other bands with similar release times.

Overall, they're pleasant to listen to.
06:56 AM on 11/03/08
drakey
User Info.
i love Secret And Whisper, I didn't realize any of their flaws until just now. Of course, I'm a Saosin fanatic, which is probably why I'm drawn to this band. A lot of the songs do get tiring, and S&W is best when their loudest, so the softer and slower tracks do get a little boring (comparing "The Actress" to "XOXOXO".)
02:34 PM on 01/12/09
mayhamandeggs
mayhamandeggs
User Info.
Secret And Whisper sound JUST like Saosin.. but they're still pretty decent.
06:58 AM on 02/11/09
drakey
User Info.
this band is saosin, if they kept the screaming.
not at all. Saosin has these faint psychodelic guitar riffs, while Secret & Whisper's are a bit simpler. And while Furney and Reber both have strong, overpowering vocals, Reber's is more shrill. The drummers are definately not to be compared. Both bands have similar basses, but instrumentally, they are NOT Saosin. Just similar. Although, S&Ws "Lovers" reminds me of Saosin's "Voices," but that's just the intro.
04:28 PM on 02/28/10
JDizzzle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
its one of my favorite albums!....i agree that a bunch of the songs sound similar as well as melody....but i think it is good that they have slow songs on the album...and the slow songs are very unique....i didnt like werewolves at first but it is good if u want a relaxing song to listen too...they are very unique as far as melody and the constant high guitar riffs that play....and the song Great White Whale is a very unique song....and "Iachoku" is a chinese chick Charles worked with when he was younger...and XOXOXO is the only song they have where i dont get what hes talking about but im sure its something metaphorical.....i liked your review ok... but every song on that album in my opinion is a masterpiece....including the artwork of the album...and i thought it was funny that like every band on that list u made...saosin, silverstein, and anberlin i like haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos