AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

MTV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

James Montgomery Does Not Have a Platinum Record

Posted by - 08:29 AM on 04/30/08
MTV's James Montgomery whines and complains about not getting anything for all of the hard work he's put into being a music journalist in this week's Bigger Than the Sound. Looks like his moaning got him what he wanted though, as Pete Wentz (Fall Out Boy) has promised to send over a (pity) platinum plaque.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 48
08:30 AM on 04/30/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
omg sell out

PS: Congrats on one year, James!
08:33 AM on 04/30/08
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
does this guy pay AP.net to post his shit?

NO CARE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08:37 AM on 04/30/08
callmeadmiral
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what a bitch
08:38 AM on 04/30/08
Özgür Kurtoglu
-
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So...he did what Fall Out Boy does and got a platinum record...from Fall Out Boy?

Lush.
08:41 AM on 04/30/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
does this guy pay AP.net to post his shit?

NO CARE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before I posted James Montgomery's articles, I drove a Toyota Corolla. Now I drive a...Toyota Corolla. We don't get paid anything to post anything. EVAR!!!!
08:42 AM on 04/30/08
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
Before I posted James Montgomery's articles, I drove a Toyota Corolla. Now I drive a...Toyota Corolla. We don't get paid anything to post anything. EVAR!!!!

staffers don't get paid at all, right?

also, well played james, well played.
08:42 AM on 04/30/08
thebarrelboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

But now your Corolla has fins and one of those fancy neon lights on the bottom
08:45 AM on 04/30/08
HeroineClothing
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
those gold and platinum records cost money. i hear 5 bills. i am not positive but when you work at a label or a management company soemtimes you have to pay for your own. this kind of makes me think about also having to buy tickets for the grammys. not cheap.
08:47 AM on 04/30/08
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey is there any link to a list or archived BTTS articles on MTV? I love how ap.net usually posts them but I like going back and reading them because I think Montgomery is a great writer. His piece on Nickelback is really well done.
08:48 AM on 04/30/08
mortal soldier
User Info.
Oh James, you silly man you.

So...he did what Fall Out Boy does and got a platinum record...from Fall Out Boy?

Lush.

Hahahahaha
08:50 AM on 04/30/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
But now your Corolla has fins and one of those fancy neon lights on the bottom
I don't even know what fins are, but I have gone the classy look and decided to let my missing hubcap (hubcap, not rim) stay off the car. It looks out of place, but it give it personality. That coupled with the old man beige color that I'm rocking really helps me pick up chicks.

To be honest, my car is in the shop because of the stupid check engine light and I'm driving my sister's 97 Volkswagen Cabrio. I look so hot with the top down, like a 16-year-old girl who just got out of high school early. Sometimes I'll even blast Hanson while wearing sunglasses that are so big they cover my cheeks, even though my cheeks have no need for sunglasses. Really.
08:51 AM on 04/30/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hey is there any link to a list or archived BTTS articles on MTV? I love how ap.net usually posts them but I like going back and reading them because I think Montgomery is a great writer. His piece on Nickelback is really well done.
http://www.absolutepunk.net/tags/ind...es-montgomery/

Good?
08:51 AM on 04/30/08
Josh818
Josh Hay / Nokia Music
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My dad makes gold records, but not the real ones. Sometimes indie labels buy them from him for bands that go indie gold (100K). They cost under 100 dollars and look pretty similar.

those gold and platinum records cost money. i hear 5 bills. i am not positive but when you work at a label or a management company soemtimes you have to pay for your own. this kind of makes me think about also having to buy tickets for the grammys. not cheap.
08:53 AM on 04/30/08
thebarrelboy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't even know what fins are, but I have gone the classy look and decided to let my missing hubcap (hubcap, not rim) stay off the car. It looks out of place, but it give it personality. That coupled with the old man beige color that I'm rocking really helps me pick up chicks.

To be honest, my car is in the shop because of the stupid check engine light and I'm driving my sister's 97 Volkswagen Cabrio. I look so hot with the top down, like a 16-year-old girl who just got out of high school early. Sometimes I'll even blast Hanson while wearing sunglasses that are so big they cover my cheeks, even though my cheeks have no need for sunglasses. Really.

you know, um, fins. like a fish, I guess. Anyway, that sounds like a good way to get cheek tan lines

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos