Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Yeah. Just stop already, Victory.
07:04 AM on 05/01/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl is almost as ridiculous as... Releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl. It actually doesn't get much more ridiculous. It would be kind of funny just to be able to say that you had it though haha.
I'm not against hardcore vinyl so much (after all, we have lots of B9 releases on vinyl) even though this sounds a bit silly. My point is mostly that he just needs to stop in general. After that SM fiasco he just goes on with business as usual and it's so obnoxious/a fucking slap in the face.
07:46 AM on 05/01/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
I'm slightly biased just because I already see vinyl re-releases as kind of a cash grab by labels in general. Sometimes it can be legit, like if the band really wants a vinyl release when they put out the album, but overall I'm not a fan of the vinyl re-release. I inherited some great hardcore vinyl from my cousin (lots of Revelation Records stuff and some B9) but all stuff that was originally released on vinyl, and I don't listen to it anyway cause I don't have a turntable.

I don't think anything is wrong with people wanting to collect vinyl, that's rad. I just think it's weak when a label will do something like re-releasing a Bury Your Dead album on vinyl. It's just an obvious cash grab.

This article kinda sums it up for me (you've probably already read it): http://www.avclub.com/articles/has-t...too-far,93610/
Right, he needs to stop because he's a terrible person which gets said everytime he's brought up haha. And thanks for the article link.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos