AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Jimmy Eat World News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World Talks "Damage"

Posted by - 11:22 AM on 05/01/13
Jim Adkins has described the new Jimmy Eat World album as an "adult break up record."
He went on to describe his muse in piecing together a break-up record: "In writing material for 'Damage,' I wanted an initial jumping-off, so I started writing, searching about love songs. And the kind of love songs that Im attracted to, that interest me or I find interesting to explore, are the windows of adversity, heartbreak, or break-up They always speak to me more."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 31
11:36 AM on 05/01/13
crowdediceb0x
User Info.
really cant wait to hear the whole thing
11:41 AM on 05/01/13
crowdediceb0x
User Info.
also, "We’re at the point now where we can play material that we thought wasn’t playable." is a GREAT line.
11:41 AM on 05/01/13
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.
Maybe the lyrics will "mean something" this time around and not just be an afterthought to the music. (Couldn't find the interview from the last record about that.)

Probably catch them in NYC outdoors this summer in hopes that they won't be so boring / predictable this time around.
11:50 AM on 05/01/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Maybe the lyrics will "mean something" this time around and not just be an afterthought to the music. (Couldn't find the interview from the last record about that.)

Probably catch them in NYC outdoors this summer in hopes that they won't be so boring / predictable this time around.
They "meant something" last time around too: http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1934912
12:06 PM on 05/01/13
ricardofarley
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
An 'adult break up record' yet 'I will steal you back' is a positively juvenile thing to think or say. I love Jimmy Eat World but that song title is so predatory and gross.
12:10 PM on 05/01/13
Mens
User since 2002
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm an adult. I like this.
12:12 PM on 05/01/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.

what? the lyrics to Invented do "mean something." what?
12:20 PM on 05/01/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
Neat aritcle, neat band. Favorite band for ever!
12:40 PM on 05/01/13
TMS2787
Fate Has Been Making Me A Liar
User Info.
What ya know? The dumbest and douchiest comment of the thread will go to ACA. Congrats for your consistency in being a total d-bag!

12:51 PM on 05/01/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The idea of writing a record with more of an adult feel sounds like such a good fit. Like the band, most of their audience including myself aren't young by music standards. Curious to hear how it sounds as a whole and how it received by a wide audience.
12:53 PM on 05/01/13
Amongster
Still In Last Place
User Info.
Deep cuts from Static? Brb, going to lose my shit.
01:11 PM on 05/01/13
msulliv7
BahaMenSadness
User Info.
Frank Turner's "break-up album" is all I am listening to right now. Glad I can add this impending sadness! Very fitting timing to get dumped last week!
01:11 PM on 05/01/13
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Eh, Static Prevails just...isn't very good. I'm all for deep cuts (particularly off of Futures) but no need to go that far back. If they can just play "Just Tonight"...
01:29 PM on 05/01/13
ACA
Next Show: Jimmy Eat World 10/20
User Info.

what? the lyrics to Invented do "mean something." what?

Thanks for the link; not the interview I was looking for though. There's one where Jim or Zach says Invented only had lyrics because the band needed something to sing, but it was lyrics just for the sake of being lyrics. Totally misquoting him, which is why I'm hoping someone else read this and can point to it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos