Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 27 of 27.
10:58 AM on 05/12/08
LongDistanceDrunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Myself, i like the cover artwork.

And, there is a big difference between these guys and demon hunter. The old stuff was even way different.

I don't even know what Demon Hunter sounds like or could care less. Solid State/Tooth and Nail is just shitty genric Christ-Core music and nothing less. They only have two amazing bands, He Is Legend and MeWithOutYou and one pretty good band Underoath. I always listen to all their bands when people reccomend them and they always suck ass. Enjoy your Christcore sir. I'm sure its Christ-o-licious.
01:53 PM on 05/12/08
Klatzke
Don't give me no hand me down love.
User Info.
I don't even know what Demon Hunter sounds like or could care less. Solid State/Tooth and Nail is just shitty genric Christ-Core music and nothing less. They only have two amazing bands, He Is Legend and MeWithOutYou and one pretty good band Underoath. I always listen to all their bands when people reccomend them and they always suck ass. Enjoy your Christcore sir. I'm sure its Christ-o-licious.
Way to be open minded.

I truthfully dont care whether its christian or not, but thats ridiculous.
02:26 PM on 05/28/08
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
That cover work is awful. Kind of like damien from the Omen. I love joking about this bands name. Oh nevermind that is Demon Hunter. Either way they're both Christ-Core bands. Hail Jesus!

First of all, what's wrong with having lyrics about God? Secondly, a lot of your so-called "Christ-Core" bands are actually more talented than the more mainstream metalcore bands out there (i.e., August Burns Red). Third, even the guys IN the band Demon Hunter joke about their name, that's where it all started and why they chose that name.

As for the artwork, even the work for Saints was nothing overly-exciting or eye-catching. Definitely not Invisible Creature's best work (who also happen to be the vocalist and guitar player for Demon Hunter).
09:04 PM on 06/08/08
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
sure, i've blasted you for liking A Skylit Drive, but WOW, you write incredibly solid reviews. good job, you convinced me to give this album a second listen after tossing it out on the first.
08:14 AM on 06/14/08
Klatzke
User Info.
sure, i've blasted you for liking A Skylit Drive, but WOW, you write incredibly solid reviews. good job, you convinced me to give this album a second listen after tossing it out on the first.
Thanks.

and, what'd ya think?
02:24 PM on 06/22/08
Matthew Tsai
Born and raised
User Info.
eh, still don't like it very much though.
06:07 PM on 06/22/08
Klatzke
User Info.
eh, still don't like it very much though.
Ah, damn. Lol.
02:45 PM on 07/09/08
Jamos4184
www.facebook.com/attalusmusic
User Info.
dude have you even heard August Burns Red??
09:28 AM on 07/30/08
crazytoledo
Addicted to slurpees
User Info.
This new album is nowhere near as good as their first. And unfortunately they mainly play newer stuff so their live show is pretty boring too.

I'll take 'Saints' over this any day.
08:36 PM on 09/01/08
johnny sniper
User Info.
This new album is nowhere near as good as their first. And unfortunately they mainly play newer stuff so their live show is pretty boring too.

I'll take 'Saints' over this any day.

Thank God. I thought I was the only one on this board who remembers just how good Saints was/is... seriously, with the exception of 'Crumbs...' and 'Luxuria,' I just can't seem to get into this one. Not when I have to stomach a thought like, "This is the new Destroy the Runner. Forget Saints... this is the new sound." Just can't do it.
09:00 PM on 09/07/08
Klatzke
User Info.
Thank God. I thought I was the only one on this board who remembers just how good Saints was/is... seriously, with the exception of 'Crumbs...' and 'Luxuria,' I just can't seem to get into this one. Not when I have to stomach a thought like, "This is the new Destroy the Runner. Forget Saints... this is the new sound." Just can't do it.
The old sound was pretty damn generic though. Every Solid State and Rise band had that sound done already.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Saints, for a little while, but this is a step up. I wouldn't have enjoyed them making the same album again.
05:23 PM on 05/15/09
TrevCore
User Info.
awesome review dude. didnt like this cd so much at first because it differs so greatly from saints, mainly due to the vocals, but after giving it a second chance i really agree with you
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests