AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
07:42 AM on 05/02/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Gary from Creation Factory doing another great job for those dude in Real Friends.
07:42 AM on 05/02/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
That's all you need! ...and maybe 1 typography class.
Sadly yes..I'm a stupid an spending the money to get a degree an yet I'm know where near the talent Gary is.
07:44 AM on 05/02/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Ahaha all you need in a photography based degree nowadays
The best part is I know the designer who does all their merch design an album art. Dude learned everything by trial an fire no degree in his room. He just very talented at understanding what the band wants an gets it done.
08:56 AM on 05/02/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
I came in here to say this. So so tired of this Sleepy Eyes x Bony Knees nonsense. Also, this band thinks they are way better and way more popular than they actually are. Entertaining band but definately overhyped.
Huh..How do they think they are better then any other band?Dudes busted their asses off to get everything they have earned.
11:30 AM on 05/02/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
That's rad! I wasn't bashing photography as a whole just the 'wannabe' ones who think because they have a decent camera and filters that's all there is to know. Shame it affects the actual skilled photographers out there's work!
Instagram has fucked me more times then I can count on a photography an graphic design level.
11:33 AM on 05/03/13
Coverbydesign
User Info.
He is just an ok designer. I think he is really good at seeing trends and copying them, but he is far from original. His typography is clumsy at best. Almost every album cover he has done is all caps, san serif, trendy typeface. His hierarchy of information is cluttered and unbalanced. Doing band merch doesn't show skill because it possibly one of the easiest pieces to create. I would be more interested in seeing him doing a multipage book layout or informational design.

The fact that he has had no formal schooling shows in his work. There is no structure or grid to anything he has done. People who think they don't need school and kidding themselves. That setting is really the only place to explore and grow as a designer, and is invaluable.

I'm not saying he should stop being a designer. I just think he is marginally average as a designer. If he went to undergrad for design i think he could be a great designer though.
http://mycreationfactory.com/ <His web site..he does far more then just RF stuff. I get where you coming from but for a dude who has never had schooling he is doing a really amazing job. I mean Mike from Hotlife didn't go to art school an look at the work he is doing. Talent is talent
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests