Username
Password
Exclusive News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Exclusive
Inside AP.net

ABSOLUTExclusive & Featured Stream: Moose Blood

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/03/13)
Although the band is less than a year year, Moose Blood are already making a name for themselves in the the UK - and now they're ready to invade America. We're happy to announce that the emo outfit will team up with Departures for a a split 7" this summer via No Sleep Records, with Fist in the Air Records handling the UK/European release. Until then, you can stream Moose Blood's recent EP, Moving Home, in the replies. It's like a combination of Brand New's Deja Entendu, The Get Up Kids' Something to Write Home About and American Football's self-titled.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
07:47 AM on 05/03/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Moose Blood have just released a 2 song 8" record, 'Boston/Orlando' on Fist In The Air Records that sold out in under minute! The songs are available now on iTunes via Venn Records. To commemorate this release, Venn have an exclusive Moose Blood shirt, limited to 50, at vennrecords.com.

Moose Blood will also be teaming up with Scottish melodic hardcore band DEPARTURES (check out their incredible album Teenage Haze on No Sleep Records ) for a split 7" later in 2013. The split 7" will be released by No Sleep Records in the USA & Canada and by Fist In The Air Records for UK & Europe. Pre-order information, with tracklisting and artwork will be announced this summer.

The writing of Moving Home came around with me sitting at home with a guitar and my mac. I had played in a bunch of hardcore bands, so I just wanted to try something a little different. I demo'd a few ideas and sent them over to the rest of the boys and after a few practices over the summer, it came together really easily. The songs on the record are about me losing a girl that I truly cared about and trying to make things okay again, things that anyone can relate to.. Sex, trying too hard to impress a girl, being in a relationship, it coming to an end and meeting someone new.

With Boston and Orlando, it was more of the four of us in a room writing together. I had a few ideas for Boston, but it only came together after a few evenings of us playing it over and over. It's about living with a girl, things not working out and having to move out of the home that you both shared. Orlando was mostly written by mark at my house with a cup of joe. We took the idea to practice that night and it came together really fast. It's about being with a girl that drives you crazy, but by the end of the night you can't wait to take her home.
08:07 AM on 05/03/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is great. Really enjoying this a lot.
08:26 AM on 05/03/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I really like the first song, but the vocals just aren't fitting with me. I might give it another shot because the instruments are nice.
08:29 AM on 05/03/13
seanr91
User Info.
Carbis Bay is great. I will be picking up a 7" because Departures is incredible. Should be a great split.
08:43 AM on 05/03/13
Paulb-182
opentofire.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I really like the first song, but the vocals just aren't fitting with me. I might give it another shot because the instruments are nice.

Same here.
08:46 AM on 05/03/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
this is awesome
09:16 AM on 05/03/13
sean-reid
alreadyheard.com
User Info.
I've been a fan of this band for many months. Definitely one of my favourite bands right now.
09:20 AM on 05/03/13
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Basically nailed it. Promising music, off-putting vocals.
11:59 AM on 05/03/13
Griff
It's getting fucking dark.
User Info.
Glad to see them getting some exposure, new split is phenominal
12:13 PM on 05/03/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
Exciting. I love Moose Blood, I'm sure this will be awesome.
02:45 PM on 05/03/13
desertlights
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really, the vocals aren't anything terribly new for a band playing this style of music. But anyway, this band/release are just fantastic. Really looking forward to hearing new things from them.
10:17 PM on 05/03/13
AReiss
Coffee & Cigarettes Clothing Co.
User Info.
This is really really great. Purchased the EP immediately after hearing the first two songs.
07:56 AM on 05/04/13
ITS A TRAP!
ITS PERFECTLY SAFE!
User Info.
I've never head of them...but this is great!
i feel like this might have benefited from more upfront vocals but i really am liking this!
09:04 AM on 05/04/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Wow I really like this

No Sleep has been signing a lot of bands I don't really like lately but I think this is the best signing in awhile
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests