AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fall Out Boy News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

FOB To Play Leno

Posted by - 01:03 PM on 05/03/13
Fall Out Boy will be on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno on Monday, May 6. That day is also the 10th anniversary of Take This To Your Grave - just throwing that out there.

Submitted by mbao

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 35
01:15 PM on 05/03/13
windigo11
User Info.
absolutefalloutboy.net
01:19 PM on 05/03/13
red8ge
@JohnxHill
User Info.
guess that means they'll be playing some Deep Cuts For Television
01:22 PM on 05/03/13
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
absoluteleno.net
01:24 PM on 05/03/13
tomtom94
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If they do play something off TTYG rather than the new stuff it rather defeats the entire message of SR&R

If they don't then that's kind of a shame given that it is the anniversary and it is a classic.

Bit of a tough one.
01:26 PM on 05/03/13
Kiguel182
life is a test and I get bad marks
User Info.
If they do play something off TTYG rather than the new stuff it rather defeats the entire message of SR&R

If they don't then that's kind of a shame given that it is the anniversary and it is a classic.

Bit of a tough one.
01:35 PM on 05/03/13
markymarkmac
User Info.
Considering how hard in the paint they've been going on these late night performances, I'm sure it won't disappoint. At the very least it would be cool if they worked in part of a Take This to Your Grave song into the bridge of whatever new song they play. Like they did with womanizer on Kimmel.
01:37 PM on 05/03/13
hintsofgold
Poetic & noble land mermaid
User Info.
Considering how hard in the paint they've been going on these late night performances, I'm sure it won't disappoint. At the very least it would be cool if they worked in part of a Take This to Your Grave song into the bridge of whatever new song they play. Like they did with womanizer on Kimmel.
that's what I was going to say. It would be sad to miss an opportunity on the exact anniversary, and it would be really great if they could at least work in PART of a song.
01:38 PM on 05/03/13
dodge_3001
User Info.
cool, i'll be watching that performance.
01:40 PM on 05/03/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Will be watching
01:47 PM on 05/03/13
markymarkmac
User Info.
that's what I was going to say. It would be sad to miss an opportunity on the exact anniversary, and it would be really great if they could at least work in PART of a song.
As much as they've been trying to live post-hiatus, they've been showing some love for the fans, playing more Take This to Your Grave songs than they typically would, live. They'll throw something in there, hopefully.
01:52 PM on 05/03/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It won't be a TTTYG song. That would be very pointless and, as mentioned, defeat the message and purpose of the new album. It would be silly for them to play a 10 year old song on a late night show as opposed to the current, relevant, and new product that they're all standing behind and promoting...
02:23 PM on 05/03/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
It won't be a TTTYG song. That would be very pointless and, as mentioned, defeat the message and purpose of the new album. It would be silly for them to play a 10 year old song on a late night show as opposed to the current, relevant, and new product that they're all standing behind and promoting...

If it were Kimmel at least we would get that second/third songs which would likely have tttyg involved. Too bad, but this new album slays so I don't really care what they play.
02:31 PM on 05/03/13
AverageJoeHyam
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It'd be cool if they played the title track live I think
Cos that has that little section of Chicago Is So Two Years Ago
It'd be a nice way to nod to both the current era Fall Out Boy while also acknowledging the TTYG anniversary in my opinion :)
02:46 PM on 05/03/13
tdlyon
User Info.
I hope they don't do My Songs again. It should be The Phoenix or Young Volcanoes imo

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos